Not open for further replies.

Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
I know this is really early, but I need to get some dates to some friends of all the trips I have planned. Anyway, does anyone have the dates for the 2003 TruckHaven run?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be interested in that too.

MLK Holiday in Jan, 2003.

So that would be..

humm..

Monday, Jan 20, 2003

So, the first *full* run is on Saturday, Jan 18th, and everything is wrapped up by noon, Jan 20th.

See you there, or be nowhere!

Sign me up! :bounce:

I'm Sooo there

I can't wait.... <<Drooling>>

What other weekends is everyone going? If anyone will be there over Thanks Giving, i'd rather be there then goto Glamis.:confused:

Call me dumb, but where exactly is Truck Haven? What town is near it?

Salton Sea. It's about 40 min. away from Glamis Sand Dunes if you know where that is.

The town name is Salton City. The lake is the Salton Sea. Closest "real towns" are Indio and Borrego Springs.

I'll start a sign up thread with all the info as soon as I have a chance. Probably later today.

I would really like to go to this, especially after seeing how much fun you all had last year. It's pretty much on my way to go home for vacation so with this much advance notice I should be able to work it if I can get a solid co-pilot.
Would anyone want to do a Crown King/Coke Ovens run at the end of Summer (ie end of Sept)? If I end up getting my new shocks soon I'll want to test them out.

Sure, either Coke Ovens or Crown King sounds good. Start a thread for it.

I'm gonna try to go to this one too, but was just wondering if anyone knew how long of a drive it is from Austin...

Try mapquest.... ;)

Austin, TX to Salton City, CA; Total Distance: 1278.07 miles; Total Estimated Time: 22 hours, 49 minutes
It's about 25 hours for me, not as bad as I thought it would be. That's only 4 hours more than Moab.

I couldn't miss Truckhaven, not after all the fun I had last year. ;) I have the date marked in my calendar. I also posted a link at www.offroadrangers.com to see if we could get some more Rangers out there with you guys.

--Sean

Originally posted by Mudd*****
Try mapquest.... ;)

Austin, TX to Salton City, CA; Total Distance: 1278.07 miles; Total Estimated Time: 22 hours, 49 minutes
It's about 25 hours for me, not as bad as I thought it would be. That's only 4 hours more than Moab.

Every time I use mapquest to equate time it always ends up being way off one way or the other. But even if it's off by 3 or 4 hours that works out to...... a HELL of a long time to drive :D I'll have to wait and see if I can make this one, maybe I'll make it a nice long vacation :bounce:

do you mind?

Is this run open to only explorers? I own a ranger that I consider decent for wheeling. Would anyone really object to rangers being out there? I've been out there once before and had a blast and would really like to go again.

Rangers and B-IIs are also welcome :D

Rangers are most certainly allowed. I went out there last year in my Ranger, and RockRanger and Ranger X are Ex Forum members who go on runs all the time. Come on out, it is a blast!

--Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't forget the sign up sheet... Dead Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back