TruckHaven 2003 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TruckHaven 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's getting CLOSE!!!!!!!! Just finished my pre-run check of the Navajo, changed the motor, tranny oils and flushed the radiator. All systems are go:D I'm hooking up with Paul B. tomorrow about 8:00A.M. at his place and we should be at T-H around noon. Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones. I'm taking some tax papers along to burn so is John. It should be one hot fire.:smoke:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was out at the campsite today and the weather was perfect. I scoped out the area when it was completely devoid of human life.

We should camp about 100 feet due west from where we camped during Thanksgiving weekend. There is a hard pad for the RV's and some soft stuff at the wash edge for us tent campers. You can find it by looking for the huge fire ring already in place.
Brian

Have a ton of fun out there guys. Next year I will be there. Stay Safe
Of Course a ton of pictures would be appreciated

I'm gonna be taking my digi still camera and I am looking into getting a digi video camera as well for the trip. I know I can take something like 200+ pics on my mem cards, only problem is I'll only be there sat. and sun. So consider those days covered for footage.

Weather.com shows temps to be in the upper 70s during the day, and around 40 degrees F. at night - I'll load up my truck with plenty of firewood if everyone promises to put it to good use...:D

I know this is late notice, but with my work schedule its hard telling whats going to happen sometimes. If its not a big deal(sean told me I could :D )Im going to head out there and wheel saterday, then leave sunday morning for ocotillo to play around before i head home.

Rick; My PayPal cash will be out to you first thing tomorrow morning (my wife has to handle that). So consider me in for all the goods.
I should be out there late Fri night; No later than 10:13 pm... If I print off all the information you've given, will it be easy enough for me to find you all? I have never been to Thaven. Not that anyone will monitor it, but is there a CB channel anyone will be on late if I get lost? I wish I had a co-pilot or someone else to make the drive with, but I will be there with the same White Sport Trac that I had for the AZ run !!! See you all there.

If you find out will you e mail me i woulden't mind knowing that info thanx man

Rick said earlier that they will probably be on channel 21 but that unless there is a night run there most likely wont be anyone on the horn to hear your cries for help. Rick did say he was putting up signs to lead to the campsite but I don't know how much that will help in the night. Honestly your best bet is if you get lost go from camp to camp (they are pretty easy to see) until you find us.

Have Fun!

Have a blast everyone! I too will be looking forward to the pictures. I'm off to Sioux Falls South Dakota tomorrow morning for work (7 days) Its a balmy 6 degrees there now...!
At least I'll get to watch the Raiders win on Sunday!
Rick

Becker, and anyone else new to T-haven, I think the hardest part would be finding the North Marina Drive turnoff from Rte 86. There's a big green sign for it, but it comes in the middle of miles of nothing, while driving at freeway speed. Best bet is to have a map and know where you are on it. Once you make that turnoff, you'll be less than a mile from the campsite.

Two More days :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And for those that are getting there earlier than Sat :p

I may or may not have a front seat open, depending on how many of my brothers kids are coming, and what vehicle they want to ride in.

PreRun4fun and RangerX; thanks for the details, it totally helps me out. I'm good with maps... I didn't realize the turnoff was so close to the campsite. Of course I could just look for the exclusive FORD campsite with 15+ vehicles or the huge fire/huge friggin' smokin hole in the Earth.... Those things MAY have given it away to me :D I hate to sound like a snivelin little worrier, I just know I will be on the road for awhile by myself (6 or so hours) and pull into camp. It should be time for a frosty one.
:chug:
And yes I must agree ExplorGM; the Raiders on Sunday!! :chug: :chug:

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to see you guys tommorrow. Hey Jeff, I have your new shaft. ;) Thanks again.

And for anyone interested in caravaning, Tim and I are meeting at the In-N-Out off of the 91 freeway and Serfas Auto Club drive at 4pm.

--Sean

My ride is sitting at home loaded waiting for me to get in it after work. Stop and the store and gas station and I"m on my way. I'll be doing the easy runs but may be a loner so if anyone needs a seat I got on for the easy trails... I'll make it as fun as possible, jumping is always an option for me!!!
Khris

I'm out

Hey guys,

My truck won't be done until Sat. 12:00 pm. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. If I got a wild hair up my @$$, I'll drive out when the truck is done and do the night run, and sleep in my truck. I would have to leave Sunday mid morning to return home. If I don't make it, I wish you all luck, have fun!

Rick, can you let Char know I might not be going. Please spend my deposit money on chips and dip that I was suppose to bring. :(

sean-I joined orr and hooked up the 10% discount at kartek. Aaand I also got him down a bit too. Total price comes out to 857 out the door. Pretty damn good! Thanks man. do you have a cell phone? Can you pm me that # just in case I wanna show up at innout tomorrow?

Khris-sorry for making you a loner man! Thanks for checking into those deals for me.

Ron-what happened to you man? You disappeared into thin air!

Hey, no problem Josh. What did they say when you called (PM me if you want).

Scott is good people and I always like to see you guys get good deals. If you do end up coming out, my cell is 714-608-3317.

--Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone heading out from AZ area (Phoenix) on Friday Night and want to team up. I plan on working until about 5 and getting on the road right after. I think I'll be driving it cause I don't see a trailer purchase happening in the next 24 hours.

I do have a 32x11.50 unused BFG KO that I have mounted on a ford stock spare I can bring if anyone needs a fullsize spare. My price to sell is cheep cheep cheep.

Send me an email if ya want to meet up for the drive FRI night.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back