TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18

$20 bucks a day, not so bad. I may check that out. Now I have to see if I can borrow my dad's pop up. I've never towed with the explorer before, but I think it would do O.K. It's got 4.56's so I think that will be enough gear to turn the 33's and pull a pop up.

Thanks for the help.

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THAT Thing will tow a pop up no problemo

If its an auto and you are going a long way consider a larger tranny cooler, at the very least change the tranny fluid after the trip.....

I got the tranny fluid changed like 1 month ago. I think it will be good. Its the Eddie Bauer so it has the tranny cooler on it too.
I guess I'm good then.
Now to hit up my dad!!!

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Boat ramp? WTF? What lake is out there?

Jaime, if you look at a map of where T-Haven is, to the right you'll see a big blue blob called the Salton Sea.:p

LOL, just playin with ya man...it's no fresh body of water in fact it's many times saltier than the ocean. They say you can swim in there but I wouldn't set foot in it. There is boating allowed there and thats about all that body of water is good for.

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Boat ramp? WTF? What lake is out there?
You gotta hear Brian Kennedy's explanation of why there is water there. He knows the story.

Blaine, just bring your Dad's trailer and camp out. Otherwise you will miss all the bonfire fun at nighttime. I have towed my pop-up trailer a few times now with no problems since I got the overheating problem fixed.

The Salton Sea was a mistake by the Army Engineers when they lined the Colorado River with dikes to stop seasonal flooding due to the dams built upstream near the turn of the century. The dike burst, flooding and filling what is now known as the Salton Sea. It used to be an ancient dry lake bed, and before that the ocean bottom, and has no outlet for the water flow, keeping all the impurities and salt leeched out of the ground in the lake. The only way the water leaves is due to evaporation. The dike was fixed after being allowed to flow free for several years and now there is no steady water inlet except irrigation run-off, which is full of bad stuff. It is over 1,000 times saltier than the ocean, stinks, and only a few species of fish can survive. It was thought to be another Palm Springs by developers who built roads and marked off lots all over the west side of the sea. I think the population is less than 1,000 now, and you can buy a lakeside lot for less than $5,000.00. Heck, I bet you could buy all the lots near where we camp for real cheap and have your own off-road RV park, if you could figure out a way to talk people into paying to camp when they can camp a few hundred yards away for free.

Come on out and play, its a great time. I am getting the rear double shocked next week to get rid of that scary lean and tilt when on an off-angle trail. It should still move just fine, just not lean over like its going to fall on its side. It will also help when towing my trailer.

BTT

Can't wait!

I am hoping to have things done in time. In the next three weeks I expect to have the new RCD brackets, custom length CV axles, and limiting straps...

There is so much new and different over last year, I don't know where to start, but I have 4.56s now and the new Bilstein 5150s in the rear.

--Sean

Originally posted by Rick
Man, we just may have to move the date to the next weekend in January so you don't have to rush every year! That wouldn't be a bad idea anyway since our event is on the same weekend as CORVA's Annual Poker Run at Truckhaven.

Since this year is already set and I am all set to go, no problem this year. However, this might be a great idea for next year and following years. Anyvbody have any thoughts, good or bad, on this?

Is there any talk of a potluck this year or are we just going to take over the burger joint again?

Is there any talk of a potluck this year or are we just going to take over the burger joint again? [/B]

Well, as for me, I am diabetic, so I will be bringing all of my own food since I have special "Diabetic" needs (no sugar, ie: white bread etc.) So, I guess I will be fending for myself!

Originally posted by Diff Whack Daddy

Is there any talk of a potluck this year or are we just going to take over the burger joint again?

Char will be starting a pot luck thread shortly. Last years turned out great!

where is truckhaven, i live in san jose, CA , about how far away is it form me? thanks

Originally posted by jared ajlouny
where is truckhaven, i live in san jose, CA , about how far away is it form me? thanks

run a map quest and look up salton city ca. it is about 2 hours east of san diego. A great place to go wheeling and a must visit atleast once for any wheeler.

With that said looks like I wont be making this run. If all works out I will be in south carolina.

Matt

Originally posted by RockRanger
If all works out I will be in south carolina.

Matt
South Carolina? What the heck for?

Originally posted by Johnstone
South Carolina? What the heck for?

Work. If the job works out Ill be traveling all around the country building gun ranges :D :eek: Now if I just knew how to shoot a gun half way accurate so I could test them out.

Matt

Truckhaven Potluck

It's Time!

The potluck thread is up. Sign up early so you can bring your favorite dish before someone else gets it.

Reply in the potluck thread; not here.

Remeber everyone brings their own meat and beverage.

Re: Truckhaven Potluck

Originally posted by Char

Remeber everyone brings their own meat and beverage.

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!

Hey everyone, long time no chat! Can't wait to see you all again. I've had my new motor in the Xplodor for a month now and it rocks. Some of you may not recall but I hydrolocked the motor back in March 03 at a mudd hole in T-Haven. She still ran for three months then the motor blew. Anyway she's up and kickin and ready to play. See you all there.

Originally posted by jared ajlouny

Having visited Truckhaven from the SFBay area (Oakland, to be exact..)

It's about an 8hr drive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't forget to save your Christmas trees for the bonfire. And bring lots of firewood, its gonna be cold at night.

Back