TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18

Re: Rick!

Originally posted by Stic-o
. If there's any problem with this let me know. I told my dad about it and he got all excited and wanted to come and I didn't see a problem. :rolleyes:

No problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Rick..

I' didn't think it would be a problem;)

I have a tub out of a washing machine that I used for a firepit/bbq so if anybody wants it, i'll bring it out otherwise i'm gonna toss it.

When is everyone comeing out?

This what I got....

THURSDAY
Jefe
Bro o Jefe
Stic-o
Rick
T-davis

FRIDAY
Blaine
Diff
BKenedy
Rangerx
Felix
DB1
Xploder

Saturday
Gopher
Boomer

I'm ready :bounce: :bounce:

Finally fixed my busted U-joint from last weekends run, so I got my first classes in tearing down my hubs/spindles, and u-joint replacement. And now I've got spares :)

My brother has been busy all day putting in his Christmas present. A Rubicon NP241 T-case, 4:1 ratio. He got to do a good bit of :hammer: to get it to fit. So he should be ready to have fun also :)

Originally posted by Jefe
I'm ready :bounce: :bounce:

Finally fixed my busted U-joint from last weekends run,

Driveshaft or steering?

We have a Porta Potti that we would like to give away to anyone who is interested. It's self contained, has two tanks one for fresh water and one for black water. Not sure how many gallons.

It's only been on one camping trip, it's been cleaned, and it's ready to go... It's free to the first person who wants it. I thought that Truck Haven would be a good place to give it away since there are no toilet facilites around :D

hmm.. wood!

I picked up a full bed of wood. I would like to pass around a donation cup at the potluck to help pay for this. The Superduty finally rides better, and it's not even on the overloads yet.

We should *NOT* be running out of firewood, unless Rick's pyro habits get out of hand.

RangerX - I couldn't find any christmas trees. So mark them off the list for me.

Kewl. I will toss in a couple $$. It costs like $5 for 1 bundle of wood here. I'm glad I don't have to bring any now!!

You're the best!!

I'm ready!

Worked on the truck I'll day today. But some new brakes on the front and got my tow hooks on the front finally! :p Still didn't get my light fixed right though, still gotta make the bumper stonger:rolleyes: Sometime this week I gotta change the oil too.

We have a Porta Potti that we would like to give away to anyone who is interested

Rick I'm kinda interesed but I think we should have a raffle for it, you know to give everyone a chance. How big is it anyway?
I'm not sure if anyone really wants that thing boucing around the inside of there truck offroading!:D

Re: I'm ready!

Originally posted by Stic-o

Rick I'm kinda interesed but I think we should have a raffle for it, you know to give everyone a chance. How big is it anyway?
I'm not sure if anyone really wants that thing boucing around the inside of there truck offroading!:D

I'm only going to bring it if someone wants it. It holds a few gallons. It lasted for 2 people, 1 weekend with out a problem.

This is something you would leave at camp, not to take with :p

Originally posted by Blaine122300
Kewl. I will toss in a couple $$. It costs like $5 for 1 bundle of wood here. I'm glad I don't have to bring any now!!

You're the best!!

Thanks.

There's always a need for firewood at Truckhaven. We don't want the sunday night fire to be scavenged again this year, right?

OKay well its looking good, no sliders though for me so I will try to avoid smashing up my rockers....I know most people who are getting ready for sliders end up smashing their rockers right before they finally get some, I will try to end this cliche.

This weekend I got the Superrunner steering kit installed, piece of cake, well worth it too!!!
Went down to Bills house on Sunday and helped him replace all his front end U joints, bearings, and brake pads. So we should be good to go!!!

I am a little crammed for room in my truck, 2 people (my friend Mike may be joining me) plus camping gear in a BII + 33" spare in back = not much room :)
But I will have a grill, food, and camping gear. I will pitch in for the wood and if I can think of something for the potluck between now and Thursday I will bring it.....

Bill and I should arrive Friday evening, should be leaving Carlsbad around 3:30-4

Originally posted by 410Fortune
OKay well its looking good, no sliders though for me so I will try to avoid smashing up my rockers....I know most people who are getting ready for sliders end up smashing their rockers right before they finally get some, I will try to end this cliche.
Heh Heh. very true. Though the soft dirt out at Truckhaven is usually very forgiving on rockers (and body panels). Of course now that I said that you'll end up finding the largest rock out there hidden under 1/2" of dirt to chew them up on :p

Woo Hoo!

Weather is looking to be AWESOME for this!

Yes, the weather has been real nice down here lately, kind of cold at night but that is what the bonfires are for!! I can't wait for this trip. Doing some last minute stuff this week, then its off to Truckhaven. If I wasn't taking my daughter, I would have left already since I have the whole week off. We will be out late Friday afternoon, hopefully before dark.

Stuff I did or am doing this week:
New battery.
Beef up the sliders.
Tried out my new rear double shock setup, no more body roll on off-camber stuff.
Mounted my GPS receiver.
Get my on-board air setup.
Try to wax the scratches out from Los Coyotes.
Weld on new double propane tank mount to trailer.
Try to talk the Wife into letting me take Sarah out of school on Friday so we can come out Thursday night (not gonna happen).

Brian, try telling the wife that you'll go to the school and personally get her school/homework for Friday. I have used this tactic successfully in the past with my wife.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Los Coyotes sure does leave some nice scratches doesnt it!!! Holey Moley!!!
It adds character, right???

Back