Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
I'm not sure why this thread never got started, yet there as already plenty of people saying they are going.

So MLK Weekend, Truckhaven (El Nino permitting )

Who's in!:D

Information about Truck Haven Hills at Salton City, CA.

Truck Haven is a huge playground for off-road vehicles. There are trails for everyone, from mild, to wild. This is a great place to test your driving abilities as well as the capabilities of your Explorer. You can see the kind of fun we've had during previous events by checking out a Trip Report from a previous run

Vehicle damage: There is always a possibility of vehicle damage any time you go offroading. Damage could be to the body, or mechanical.

Normally, the majority of participants camp at our Truck Haven base camp.

There are NO facilities available at Truck Haven. Camping is primitive with no water, toilets or showers available. If you have a porta potty bring it. A 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag will work well

Bring everything you will need. Everyone is also requested to bring firewood to add to our traditional BIG campfire. If you can't bring any don't worry about it, but the more we have, the bigger the fire

Bring your own cooking supplies. If you don't have any you can probably share someone else's grill.

There is a small grocery store, two truck stops, a Mexican restaurant, and a general menu restaurant in Salton City and just beyond.

Weather conditions in January usually consist of mild days and cool to cold nights, rain could be present. High winds, and driving dust storms are always possible. Come prepared!

This is a newbie friendly run. If you have never wheeled before we would be glad to show you the tricks.

In crowd...

Stic-o
Maniak
Bkennedy
Rick & Char
DB_1
Froader
Duder1
Elgatoprerunner
DW_eagle

attachment.php

IMG_2208.jpg

thjan08008tz7.jpg

IMG_0139Medium.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AFAIK, I'm going..

I just need to fix the u-joint on the Van first.. It "felt" like I lost a u-joint... and luckily it happened right after I got home... heck, it was the next time I tried to drive it out of the neighborhood.

~Mark

edit: I just remembered, I need to fix doors on the explorer.. I can no longer open the passenger side front or drivers side rear door from the outside...

I was just going to start this thread. Great minds think alike.

MLK weekend is January 16-18.

Oh, .... IN!!!

Looking forward to it:chug:

:rant::wtf::dunno::mattmoon::mad::chug:

My truck is BROKEN!

20151030_114418_zpssy9hdczf.jpg

I hope to make it out. Had our mesquite tree cut down today. Unfortunately it won't be ready until next season.

Attachments

• 20151203_124540.jpg
    20151203_124540.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 505
  • 20151203_125941.jpg
    20151203_125941.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 508

[MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION]

Trans pan. busted up inners

We are in, My ex is taken apart at the moment but should be done in time. I am going to have to rent a trailer because mine is in Phoenix and needs work. My sister in law is coming out to hang with my kiddos so that will be cool. Cant wait.

I'll see what it can do, but I won't do too much with it.

Very Nice, The rear end of my ex is mostly done, now the front is taken apart. I am replacing all the heims and cleaning some stuff up. Cant wait to get it out there.

[MENTION=39323]zukman[/MENTION] [MENTION=63829]Tbars4[/MENTION] [MENTION=33949]rjcooperss396[/MENTION] [MENTION=190674]Bulldozer[/MENTION] [MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] [MENTION=16351]Boomer12[/MENTION] [MENTION=10244]Ritsui[/MENTION] [MENTION=168472]Danielwilsey[/MENTION] [MENTION=1515]tdavis[/MENTION] [MENTION=78230]Elgato[/MENTION] [MENTION=5664]jobunn[/MENTION] [MENTION=167172]Elgatoprerunner[/MENTION] [MENTION=2204]FAKRWEE[/MENTION] [MENTION=131]Paul B.[/MENTION]

If you can think of anyone else who needs an invitation please add them.

I was just going to start this thread. Great minds think alike.

MLK weekend is January 16-18.

Oh, .... IN!!!

I don't have a normal calendar so I didn't know what the actual dates are but found em here..Thanks Brian..:biggthump

I think I'm seat jumping with race cars that weekend but if I can make it, you know I will be there..:D

I haven't seen Paul B. in a while but will stop by his shop if he doesn't check in..

..and I will be in Az. the end of February to see everyone..;)

I don't have a normal calendar so I didn't know what the actual dates are but found em here..Thanks Brian..:biggthump

I think I'm seat jumping with race cars that weekend but if I can make it, you know I will be there..:D

I haven't seen Paul B. in a while but will stop by his shop if he doesn't check in..

..and I will be in Az. the end of February to see everyone..;)

That bottle of rum you left in my RV has aged nicely by now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back