Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up

:thumbsup: Sounds good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, my parts for my rear end where supposed to be here on Tues, they wont be here till Friday.

Now the good news, if I make it late Friday night, I'll be showing up with a 27 foot toyhauler that I'm trying to buy (99% sure the Explorer will fit in it). Room to sleep about 8 and I'll probably only have me and one other person if someone wants a place to shack.

I am there in spirit this year........ had a blast last year, only carnage was one knob on my Rancho 9000, of course Dave pointed out that if I run them with the adjusters at the bottom I might knock one off on a rock somewhere, even though I had wheeled with them 50 times like that, sure enough, after he said that, I lost one........

You guys have fun and lookout for exploding propane bottles.....also somebody better bring a nice selection of gen I, II, and III taillights if they want to make some extra $$$ :)

It's gonna be 27 here this weekend and I'll be turning some frozen wrenches :)

Rick, HOLD on to your wallet.....
:)

Does anyone know what happened to I5 about 21 miles south of Gorman?

It's down to 1 lane, and up to 30 minute delays currently..

Hope to see you out there Dan. Better watch the capacity of the toy hauler. Most aren't meant to hold such a heavy beast.

Brian, what winch did you end up buying?

Jefe said:
Looks like I don't have monday off, so we will be leaving Sunday afternoon. :(

Jefe,

Don't worry you will not wabt to be there Monday. Forcast says windy for Monday.

Almost ready to hit the road. Just waiting for Char to get back from work :bounce:

We'll be pulling in late tonight so don't expect us up too early ;)

I wish i could go! This really sucks. :( You all have fun and be safe!

It's starting to dry out but I really don't know what to expect out there at T-haven. Could look dry on the surface and moist underneath which would be a good thing to keep the dust down. I suspect it may be muddy in some spots
especially in the ditches.
It's still a mess out where I live, there's a wash that runs through the valley here and any street that crosses it is still closed due to mud and debris blocking the road. You'd think they would build bridges over some of the crossings :confused:

DB_1 said:
It's starting to dry out but I really don't know what to expect out there at T-haven. Could look dry on the surface and moist underneath which would be a good thing to keep the dust down. I suspect it may be muddy in some spots
especially in the ditches.
It's still a mess out where I live, there's a wash that runs through the valley here and any street that crosses it is still closed due to mud and debris blocking the road. You'd think they would build bridges over some of the crossings :confused:

Were gonna have to watch our selfs on the night runs too. The wash may still have water in it :(

i will not be there till Friday after dark. My parents will be in tow with there SD and and travel trailer.

My largest concern will be the ledges giving out under our trucks. I know some things should not be said cause it jix us. I just want to make sure everyone has fun as well as not getting injured.

On a good note, I will be getting off of work at noon tomorrow. So that means I should be leaving 29 Palms around 1:30pm.. Woot I will make it there before dark if all goes according to plan.

I'll be there at 9am Saturday in the F250. I plan to leave Sunday noonish or later.

Dave, I plan to drive up to your house between those times to get the goods. That sound allright?

No prob Bill,
I'm heading out Fri afternoon so maybe Sun would work best. You could just follow me home if that works for you. Also remind me to get you the corner lamps when you pick up everything in case I forget or I can bring them out...either way.

DB_1 said:
No prob Bill,
I'm heading out Fri afternoon so maybe Sun would work best. You could just follow me home if that works for you. Also remind me to get you the corner lamps when you pick up everything in case I forget or I can bring them out...either way.

Dave don't forget my Coil Buckets ;) did you ever find that radio thingy by chance :rolleyes:

"Dave, I plan to drive up to your house between those times to get the goods. That sound allright?"

What, are you guys making a dope deal??

Late Arrival too

Well, picked up my buddy's trailer this PM. , and true to form, the wheel bearings and wiring have problems. Pulled everything apart, replaced some and repacked all bearings, wiring tomorrow AM. But hey, that's the deal. He owns and stores it, I maintain it. If we get there before dark Fri nite, i'll be surprised. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back