Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up

exploderpilot said:
in response to the comments about the firelogs, myself and josh had a great time in october throwing them on top of our six foot bonfire while everyone else slept...........

haha, almost forgot about that Jason!! Well guys we'll see if my lazy butt can make it out there for the trip. I'm really going to have to do a LOT of work to get my rig out there haha, partly because of my little flopdy this past weekend. I'm gonna have to tub the other wheelwell, put in a new front axleshaft, reinstall the front driveshaft and drill out the screws that hold it on to the yoke cuz they broke inside, install new diff cover, and figure out why I broke off and lost a bilstein 5150 in the rear sometime recently...wow, maybe I'll just ride with exploderpilot again :D . Once again to everyone that helped me out last trip, I totally appreciate all your help in getting my rig out of the hills and thank you all very much! Hopefully I won't interrupt all y'all's trip again this time around :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn Josh when you break you do do it half-ass do ya! :p

Our local forecast out here says rain today, a break wed. than starting back up on thurs., off and on through the weekend and finally ending on tues. At least it won't be dusty out there. :D

One last thing on the Heims Brian, I forgot about this style heim that has spacers built in:

Attachments

• AGF00006a.JPG
    AGF00006a.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 201

BKennedy said:
I would rather it rain than have a wind storm. I mean, when its raining, we can just go wheel. We can have the potluck under my trailer's little awning. I will bring out a big tarp we can string from my awning to my Explorer's roof rack to give us plenty of room.

Christmas trees burn fine in the rain. :D

Yeah but after a few weeks of rain will that make it "Mudhaven"? :(

Stic-o said:
Yeah but after a few weeks of rain will that make it "Mudhaven"? :(

Possibly so, some guys from the full size bronco board were out there last week and there was standing water in areas, you know it has to rain a lot for there to be standing water out there.

Just looked weather again. There now saying scattered showers next tuesday

next wednsday and thursday P Cloudy! :bounce:

Dave, you have got to stop with all this information.............its too much for my tiny little brain. :rolleyes:

Enough about the weather already, lets wheel! :thumbsup:

I have been out there when it rains all weekend and its a mudfest. It dries out in hours after the sun comes out.

BKennedy said:
I have been out there when it rains all weekend and its a mudfest. It dries out in hours after the sun comes out.

That's easy for you to say! Your not in a Tent! :p

Stic-o said:
That's easy for you to say! Your not in a Tent! :p

That's ok, we make the bonfire next to his trailer.. That way, he will stay warm all night long. :thumbsup:

tdavis said:
That's ok, we make the bonfire next to his trailer.. That way, he will stay warm all night long. :thumbsup:

No thanks, I have a heater.

Well, its a tent trailer..........Isn't that sort of a tent???

When is everyone leaving? Work might keep from getting to t-haven till early friday morning.. Or even saturday. Who is staying Sunday? I have monday off, and I'd like to stay and play on Sunday..

Well it looks like i wont be going. Due to my schools lack of education in the Adminstrative department we take our finals next week. And of course thursday and friday. I hope you all have a fun safe trip and take lots of pics.

JTX

I plan on staying down there as long as my wife will alow me to. So, I should be able to hang out for a few hours on Sunday. Say 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I dont think I have to be back to work till Tuesday, but as I said it all depends on when Annie says to come home.

While its nice to take friday off and miss weekend traffic, somebody always ends up breaking something the day before everybody else gets a chance to see their truck in action. I'm planning to be out there Friday night and leave Monday morning.

Heading out Friday Afternoon, and hopefully will be there before dark. I have Monday off and will be staying till at least Sunday afternoon or Sunday night.

Fri afternoon for me and leaving Sun. afternoon.

Jefe said:
somebody always ends up breaking something the day before everybody else gets a chance to see their truck in action.
No names mentioned? :D Two people come to mind. ;)

RangerX said:
No names mentioned? :D Two people come to mind. ;)

Are they Brothers? :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do their first names begin with a T and J?

Back