Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven, Jan 14/15/16 2005 Sign Up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL... I got my shocks in today. Installed them and went for a test drive. They work very well and are extreamly well build. I deffenately like Rubicon Express's gear.

I wont be able to make it down to Truck Haven until Friday night, probly after dark unfortunately.

She's Back!

We will be leaving Thurs. night or Friday morning depending on the weather and staying until Monday sometime.

BTW, please reread the first post as there has been some changes made as of today

PS Get off your butts and sign up for both the trip and the potluck. :p

Hmmm, interesting :navajo: :D

Char said:
PS Get off your butts and sign up for both the trip and the potluck. :p

SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED HAS SPOKEN.

:D

:eek: Char and FAKRWEE both returning from the dead on the same day!

Stic-o said:
Are they Brothers? :p
I'm pretty sure they're not brothers, as I don't ever remember John being left out. But between Me, Rick and Tom we've had our share of bad luck.

I've got a lot to do before next weekend. :eek: I've gotta get my gas tank skid plate back on (hopefully after beefing it up). Pull the front diff cover to check whats up with the locker, and reseal it (its been leaking like crazy). Repack wheel bearings. Change engine and trans oil. Mount some new rubber :) (I know, I know, its about dang time). And help John weld a replacement bracket on his rear axle. All while working 12+ hour days. :confused:

hey Jefe if you could hang on to one of those old BFG that is still in fair to usable condition I could really use it. I am in dire need of some type of spare 35" tire.

Felix said:
hey Jefe if you could hang on to one of those old BFG that is still in fair to usable condition I could really use it. I am in dire need of some type of spare 35" tire.
You got it. I'll make sure you get the only one that doesn't have an entire lug ripped off. :D

Jefe said:
:eek: Char and FAKRWEE both returning from the dead on the same day!

I'm pretty sure they're not brothers, as I don't ever remember John being left out. But between Me, Rick and Tom we've had our share of bad luck.

I've got a lot to do before next weekend. :eek: I've gotta get my gas tank skid plate back on (hopefully after beefing it up). Pull the front diff cover to check whats up with the locker, and reseal it (its been leaking like crazy). Repack wheel bearings. Change engine and trans oil. Mount some new rubber :) (I know, I know, its about dang time). And help John weld a replacement bracket on his rear axle. All while working 12+ hour days. :confused:

Hey Jefe do you still have that beefed up T-case skid you were going to give me a while back?

What tires do you deside to go with? BFG?, PC's?, or become rich and getting some MTR's.

My Parent's may show up again this year and there is even a rumor my dad may bring his zuk out :rolleyes: Will see if he gets the e-brake on the driveshaft first.

Thank you much, Jefe.

Yes one with all the lugs would be a bonus, but beggers can not be choosers either.

Well, I got rear ended on my way home from work today in the Chevy, bent the bumper down and bent the ends of the frame a little where the bumper mounts and the bumper pushed in the sheet metal in a bit as well but it is still
drivable. My firewood contribution may be up in the air depending if my truck goes in the shop between now and the time of the run. And Bill, that might also mean I can't deliver your axles I have at my house...i'll keep you posted

Stic-o said:
Hey Jefe do you still have that beefed up T-case skid you were going to give me a while back?

What tires do you deside to go with? BFG?, PC's?, or become rich and getting some MTR's.
Hmm. . I think i do somewhere. I'll let you know.

I got MTR's, but i didn't need to be rich. $975 shipped for 5 tires. :thumbsup:
I wanted to go with a swamper, but couldn't find something still road worthy and in a size I wanted. I've had BFG MT's for 4 years now so I figured I should try something different.

Fakrwee

Interesting my eye!!!!! Get your little butt in gear and sign up. I'm sick of your excuses!!!! You get to THaven or no more sharing TQuila with you. If you're going to WIMP out of wheeling you could at least bring out the land yacht and "camp". WE MISS YOU, BOTH!!!!!!!

GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Damn Char,
How I miss your sweet nothings YELLED IN OUR EAR!!! I so wish I could be there this year. I was already supposed to be gone but now I leave on the 19th of this month. Totally screwed all my plans. I tried to work in getting down there for this run but the finances just wouldn't allow it. Well, the roll over didn't help either. I think I am pretty consistent in the every other year thing though. Should make 2006.

Char's back in the saddle! :D How I've missed her lately...... wish I could make this run (but it's just a little too far), you guys all have a great event :thumbsup:

Char said:
Interesting my eye!!!!! Get your little butt in gear and sign up. I'm sick of your excuses!!!! You get to THaven or no more sharing TQuila with you. If you're going to WIMP out of wheeling you could at least bring out the land yacht and "camp". WE MISS YOU, BOTH!!!!!!!

GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I didn’t want to sign up until I was sure I was going to make it and have to do a “flip-flop.†Only I don’t know what you miss the most, the tequila or me. :D Now I’m free and I’ll be there. Not sure if I’ll be there Thursday or Friday, depends on my co-pilot. Looks like the old gang will be there. :thumbsup: Now if we can just convince that crazy Texan and his lovely lady to fly in it would be icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing you guy’s. :bounce:

:eek: Fakrwee and Char! :eek:

They really exist! I thought they were just a myth :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My schedule keeps getting worse..

I haven't fixed the clutch in the zuk yet. A place in SoCal is making up a custom clutch for it. I am supposed to have it tuesday - so I'm putting the zuk on a trailer, and heading for a shop in the Sierra Foothills with it, and having them do the work.

I probably will not be leaving Thursday at all, but heading down Friday AM. I will stay till Monday morning.

Back