Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Rick is busy moving, so I'm starting a thread for date consensus.

The traditional date for the Explorerforum Truckhaven Run has been MLK Holiday Weekend in January. This year, that date would be Jan 15 and 16.

We had talked about moving it - one of the persons needing it moved (DWD) can not attend this year at all (due to prior obiligations).

A possible alternate date would be Jan 22, 23.

This poll will be open for 30 days, and then close (unless there's a huge consensus on a date by that time..)

I ask that only people who will attend vote.

For those wondering what this run, HERE is last year's announcement thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I voted "don't care" because my schedule is open, i just need to know a date before hand so I can give fair warning at work :thumbsup:.

I like the 15, 16. It will work better for my school schedule.

New Mexico huh JTX? Looks like you're in the running for the long distance award :D.

Yeah its gonna be worth it though! Im excited.

I always like it on the holiday weekend so we get the extra day to play. I can just as easily do another weekend though.

Jefe said:
I always like it on the holiday weekend so we get the extra day to play. I can just as easily do another weekend though.
"ditto"

"Bro of Jefe" and "Jefe", do you guys share the same computer or something. You always seem to post at the same time!!

But anyway, I will try to make it if my explorer isn't sold by then. It will be like my last Hoo-Rah with her.

Maybe someone out there will see what she can do, and give me cash for it that day!! (Yeah right)

Hope I can make it!!

Any more input? I'll give it another week for dissenters - otherwise I'll make the decision for the traditional date this year, since Rick is tied up at the moment with moving and SEMA.

Oh, all right.

6 for the date, 6 do not care.

Fine. If all 12 show up, then we've got record turnout.. :D

Jan 15/16 it is!

OK, it's on my calendar now. (But I still "don't care" :D )

Laurie told me that if we still have the explorer in Jan, that we can go. So I will be there. If the 'sploder sells, then I will tell the buyer to go in my place.

Can't wait!!

I think we were damn near record turnout at last months run! :D

The traditional MLK weekend is good for us. Can't wait!

are we gonna have the dash plaques this year too?

I need a months prior notice, so hurry up and pick a date already. I really don't care which weekend.

tdavis said:
Jan 15/16 it is!

Simply waiting for Rick to figure out a few things, and a thread will be started..

I will be there for sure now that the Corps has said no orders for me till 2006. Also, I will be Solid axled and locked front and rear. Finaly will be a bigdawg :).

TruckHaven for MLK

We'll Be there, whichever dates you guys decide! Going to be interesting to see how the O'l Back and Neck do. That's why we haven't. been out on the trail in a while. Time to get back in the saddle though. See you guys there! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back