Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick - looks like a blast, I look forward to Truckhaven 2001, I'll be there (money permitting of course). Paul, sorry to see the broken hub... thats why Warn has the lifetime warranty eh? Dead Link Removed. Looks like it was fun, must've been hotter this time then it was in early January eh?

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Well I made it home, it wasn't so bad after I got out of the hills around Borrego Springs. My ARBis still covered until May so I only have to pay fot new bearings. It was still fun on the Quad, looking forward to seeing everyone next time.

JAY

i'm hoping ken and wis wife got some pics of my truck with their digital camera. Need some pics of kevin, phil, matt, ken, and me. From this weekend i learned how not to snow plow =P I was farely impressed with my truck, with being only 2wd. Learned that keeping the momentum helps a great deal when you dont have the other set of drive wheels to pull you through. Also the first thing to go on explorers are those darn skirt things. Oh well, I'm gonna go to Canyon to get those nerf bars made.
My dad and i had a blast. He's now getting bit by the bug. =) Have to say theres nothing like ruffing it out in the desert when you have a campfire and a TV...lol.Next time Paul..we want the full effect. Big screen and full surround sound.
Everyone else....look at the pic of Ricks truck. Look very very close at his antenna(the one on the left)..You see any white stuff on the top of it? New use for antenna's. They make GREAT marshmellow roasters.....lol. Look forward to next time.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Flowmaster 2 chamber 2.25"
KKM intake
Clears all the way around

Paul all I gotta say is what were you up against that exploded that hub? It takes a lot to do that I know! Course with the HO engine you got anything is possible.

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport Modified

Ryan, he was up against the same hill that I'm climbing in the photo.

thaven_rick_climb2.jpg

That's the one that took out my driveshaft etc... during the pre-run last year.

We all made it up this time!

Paul, don't worry about replacing my spare hub. I found two more at the house.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrianWooton:
Have to say theres nothing like ruffing it out in the desert when you have a campfire and a TV...lol.Next time Paul..we want the full effect. Big screen and full surround sound. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wait 'till I finish my system. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be ready for Moab ($$$$ you know).

------------------
If everybody is different, how can anyone be normal?

91 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV V6

Rick, great photo shots. Thanks for the hub, I will keep it for a spare. While we were gone this weekend, my custom National Springs finally came in, so Darien is going to install them tommorrow along with the new longer Rancho RS 9000's front and rear. It should be ready for Moab.

Matt, yes it was hotter this weekend then in Jan. How's 87 deg. sound. A little warmer then Colorado right now. This is probably the last month to do any wheeling out there until next fall.

Brian, I will see what I can do for the Surround Sound next time. Big screen TV? Maybe if I would win the lottery. Video wheeling does add a little excitement around the camp fire.

Jay, glad you got home safely with your truck.

Paul B.

Wow that hill looks like lots of fun! I may have to go out there someday to try that. I will need to tow the Explorer out there though from the looks of things. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport Modified

Ryan, that hill is actually a dry waterfall. You can either go up it like Rick is showing or go down it. The area had a lot of rain a few weeks ago, it would of been interesting to see how much water actually came down it. This area took us 4 hrs. to find. Rick has it on his GPS now, so next time it shouldn't take so long to get to.

It wouldn't have taken 4 hrs if we didn't go to play on the other trails for 3 hrs Dead Link Removed

Is this the famous waterfall?

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

Juan, yes this is the famous waterfall. It is also the waterfall that is famous for brakeing something on your truck. I asked Rick if he wanted to go first this time, but he said you go for it, so I made a jokeing comment that maybe he wanted me to be on top of the falls in case he need a winching up again. His wife Char immediately stated, "Don't say that" the curse of the waterfall. So no sooner after I made that statement my front hub blasted out while trying to climb it. The curse got me this time. Also Ranger X (Bill Collins) also got struck with a broken brake line and a tire off the bead. But nothing serious that we could not fix right there and proceed up the falls. Rick was right, we messed around for 3 hrs. in trying to find it, but found some nice trails in the process. Something to look forward to next fall.

It took most of Monday to get a new brake hose. I called four parts stores before I found a stock hose, and then it was way too short. 4WPW wanted $100 for the Superlift braided set, which is what I have/had. Then I found a place that custom makes them. I bought one cut to length, with threaded ends, for $20! If any local Explorers want the info on this place, let me know. They do alot of lines for drag cars and sand rails.

------------------
Bill Collins
93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Modified

Rick or anyone from this run,
Do you know Ken's email address? I know his wife got a pic of me on the trail. I wanted to email them so i could see the pic.
Thank you
Brian

Back