Truckhaven Oct 24-25th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct 24-25th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah... Somebody PM Kennedy, so we don't get a post in the Return from t-haven run going " I did't know":p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If turdles in I'm in! If he's sure he wants to have Joshua & I to tag along!lol!

So we're going to "try" to have a t-haven webcam up for the this run, so even if you can't make it...you'll be able to see what's going on;)

and maybe we'll have handing over the keys ceremony!:D

We gonna ustream it? or webcam it?

~Mark

We gonna ustream it? or webcam it?

~Mark

I was going to try to ustream it like I did with fires...it seem to work pretty good:thumbsup: I just home my moms air card internet account is unlimited:(

Oh yeah... Somebody PM Kennedy, so we don't get a post in the Return from t-haven run going " I did't know":p:

Done.

Just a reminder...

IMG_5410.jpg

Bring your W-wear

~Mark

Iz had a good idea I would like to build on a bit-

There is a "local one way truck rental" which will remain nameless, and it would make a good camper--well for 2 nights it would work.

Fly in to San Diego, grab a taxi to the "nameless local rental gettin place" and drive it out -or, maybe even pick up pre shipped camping equipment at a volunteers place, head to this truck haven hell on earth and get blown around a bit. I think the site says they offer 14.00 insurance on the " local one way rental" truck

Since my good friend Sparksaflyin will have his truck to get us home, some "local one way" wheelin is in order--
get er stuck and apologize all over ourselves for not being able to use an Explorer to tow out their " local one way rental" truck. Just leave it and head Home.

:D

ok, the truck will make a decent shelter anyway--it was a fun idea though.

Fly in to San Diego, grab a taxi to the "nameless local rental gettin place" and drive it out -or, maybe even pick up pre shipped camping equipment at a volunteers place, head to this truck haven hell on earth and get blown around a bit.

I do live about 5 miles from the San Diego airport. And if this "nameless local rental gettin place" is one of the ones I'm thinking of, then they are only about 2 miles from my place.

Iz had a good idea I would like to build on a bit-

There is a "local one way truck rental" which will remain nameless, and it would make a good camper--well for 2 nights it would work.

Fly in to San Diego, grab a taxi to the "nameless local rental gettin place" and drive it out -or, maybe even pick up pre shipped camping equipment at a volunteers place, head to this truck haven hell on earth and get blown around a bit. I think the site says they offer 14.00 insurance on the " local one way rental" truck

Since my good friend Sparksaflyin will have his truck to get us home, some "local one way" wheelin is in order--
get er stuck and apologize all over ourselves for not being able to use an Explorer to tow out their " local one way rental" truck. Just leave it and head Home.

:D

ok, the truck will make a decent shelter anyway--it was a fun idea though.

You come out and I'll bring a tent you can use...sence we normally sleep in the motorhome with my folks;)

I'm going to try even harder to make it out since this looks like it'll already be a good group going, and it will probably be the last chance for my dad to take his J**p out before selling it. Can't wait!

head to this truck haven hell on earth and get blown around a bit.
Just so you know, the wind is not a given. It's just potential hell. There's been many trips where it's calm to very mild.
This time of year should be nice.

Morning everyone. Was wandering if anyone will be bring there kids along.

Joshua is 11 And can hang with the best of us. Yet I'm sure some younger wheelers would be cool for him as well.

Just so you know, the wind is not a given. It's just potential hell. There's been many trips where it's calm to very mild.
This time of year should be nice.

Ditto on that. it seems if I bring my goggles, I don't need them, but if I forget them.. well.. you know how it goes.

but.. after this incident.. I think I may wear them more often..

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

I am so ready for this trip.. (ok, the vehicles aren't, but I sure am).

~Mark

Morning everyone. Was wandering if anyone will be bring there kids along.

Joshua is 11 And can hang with the best of us. Yet I'm sure some younger wheelers would be cool for him as well.
I think BKennedy is the only one who brings kids along. Stic-O has a daughter but I'm not sure she can even walk yet.

I think BKennedy is the only one who brings kids along. Stic-O has a daughter but I'm not sure she can even walk yet.

April walks, and actaully almost pedals on her tricycle. But she's not even 2. She'll try to play drums on rockband:p:

John (Bro of Jefe) may bring his boys.

Jon and Mark,

If you guys come out, I'll bring extra camping supplies for the weekend. It will be weird to show up towing the explorer, then leaving with an empty trailer. :)

The extra month will also give me time to find all of the extra junk I have for it.

Colin Hey joshua and I just picked up tent,sleeping bags, air matress, etc . Like jon's idea of shipping to you and load our stuff into our new truck!!!

This is Joshua and this sounds like its going to be fun!!! I can't wait to meet your kids and all of you guys:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, SHO

I am a maybe for now. Will see when we get a little closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back