Truckhaven Oct 24-25th | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Oct 24-25th

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm cool with anywhere as I'm not puling a trailer...I will be fueling up by Paul's shop just before heading out...Channel 3 ok for the CB???

..Jon, this is the middle of the desert...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OH
I almost forgot.

Very special request here--

I am not yet all that familiar with the 1st generation explorers.
Now, considering we are driving home, well, a ferw tools would be handy.There is nothing worse than being broke down and helpless on the side of the road, especially when you can see what the issue is and are stuck with no tools

Mark had said he would purchase some tools, However, I was thinking someone out there might have a few extras, of the correct size they might let out of their hands?
Maybe there is a flea market around?

as for the flea market idea there is a small one the last time i was out there across and down the hwy from where we will be camping. Next to the Old Superburger.

..For all the new people who want to come out and just camp and have fun or meet some of the members of this Great Forum, camping is free, come join us...

...The "Not so Big Dawgs/Scenic Exploration trip", (and all newbies who want to come out) now includes...

1)Tbars4
2)Cyberg
3)PaulB
4)Carlos
5)David Alfaro
6) Boomer12
7)jims99
8) CJexplorer
9)Fakrwee
10) Mounty71 and dad

Question, will a marine vhf radio work with communication with you guys?

Can't you just do it on the way out?

yeah, trying to figure out where to park the Jeep and trailer at the sites I'm going to could be VERY interesting, (and I'm supposed to be carpooling with another sales engineer)

I'm betting alot more people are going to want to be on the big dog run. even if there just a passenger. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

In general, there aren't many odd tools needed. The only odd ball pieces are normally for the radius arms (28mm) and the hubs nuts.. But, I don't think that X uses the "normal" odd sizes..

Other than that.. I can't think of anything special other than set of tools.. (metric and sae), screw drivers. If your working deeper, then you need a set of security torx for the MAS, and Torx for things like head bolts etc.

Edit: you could get just about every tool needed to do anything on a 1st Gen X at HFT for < $100

~Mark

unless you can tuned that thing all the way down to the 11 meter AM Band
otherwise no

although it's not absolutely necessary to have one but it does making knowning what is going on alot easier. otherwise you will have to do as the Romans do on the trail :p:

I'll have my portable, doesn't reach very far spare CB if someone needs one.. It doesn't reach far, but its better than nothing :)

~Mark

When my brother and I were out there, we didnt have a CB and we survived. So I say dont sweat it if at the last minute you still dont have a CB. Just stick with the group and you'll be fine.

we have 2 extra handheld 40 channel CB's you bring the batteries!

9 "AA"'s each! :D

I also have one in the F150 that just plugs into the 12v power point. Nothing to pull it our for someone to borrow for the trip.

OH
I almost forgot.

There is nothing worse than being broke down and helpless on the side of the road, especially when you can see what the issue is and are stuck with no tools

Mark had said he would purchase some tools, However, I was thinking someone out there might have a few extras, of the correct size they might let out of their hands?
Maybe there is a flea market around?

I have a 100ish piece set that you can take with you and mail it back when you get home if you want. It is my trail tools and I don't plan on wheeling for a few weeks after this trip anyway so I wont be needing them. Only real Socket I know that it is missing is a 12 12mm for removing a rear drive shaft. It can be done with the wrench in the kit just takes longer. It fits in a nice plastic case . Toss some paper around it then duct tape the crap out of it and slap a label on it. Should be good to go.

Also what is the earliest anyone is planning on being there. Tracy and I are thinking of heading out fairly early and getting there say around 10-11 am. Then we might head down to the Salton Sea to see the dilapidated buildings down by the water line. So look for a white chevy with aluminum tool boxes a lumber rack and a grey trailer. That will be me. We plan to drop the tow rig and trailer and drive the ranger down to see and smell the salton sea.

I think zukman was going to try to get there early. Arus dosn't get off till 1 o'clock, but we'll have everthing ready to go as soon as she pulls in the drive way. Only problem is she has this really terrible commute, It's hard when your work is a mile away:p: We should be there between sometime before 5.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmm Pick up load in Las Vegas in a Couple hours deliver in the Morning to Fontucky Ca and then the Fun Begins:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back