Truckhaven! October 25th-26th | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven! October 25th-26th

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem. Bummer you can't make it.

....A Big Thanks...:biggthump

...And you know, :shifty_ey if there is anyway I can make this trip I'm going to...:burnout:

yeah I hope you can make it out Tbars4
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool deal, i'll bring an extention cord just in case...see everyone out there:salute:

...Dave, don't forget your umbrella...:D

Well, I'm just about ready to head out. Although I still need to make 5-6 stops before I get there.:rolleyes:

I hope that you make it Tbars (who else is going to coax me into doing Shows Hill)...:p:

See you all in a couple of hours. :thumbsup:

...:hammer:...I will be there if there is any chance in hede's...;)

...What cb channel are you guys running on???..:scratch:

about to head out... really need to get airbags for the 150. Are the front tires spose to be on ground?:scratch::(

or maybe I just need less crap!:p:

God I need 4wheel drive..... havent got stuck yet but man I cant get up some of these climbs :(
Posted via Mobile Device

...Don't worry about it...this weekend you are going to see things that most 4wd vehicles can't climb but some will...;)

...R.J. and Dannyboy will make sure you have the most fun with your truck that you can have...:burnout:

God I need 4wheel drive..... havent got stuck yet but man I cant get up some of these climbs :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Floor it!! :p: But wait until someone else is with you.

yeah nothing crazy till some more people get here :)
Posted via Mobile Device

this kind of offroading is different, use to Oregon and Montana MUD and mountains snow..... not desert and sand.... LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

hey just a note to any one coming for S.D. you will want to get up to Julian before 7:00 they have about 7 miles of road work and its one lane with a pilot truck that whent through there at like 2mph after waiting our turn for the road
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry it only will go down to one lane after 7:00pm :)

I'm in yuma now.. a few more hours and ill be there...

~Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a few things i need to get then I can head on out:D
So the plan was to watch the King of the Hammers DVD sometime this weekend. Maniak was gonna bring his projector and DVD player and I was gonna bring my boom box to provide decent sound. I'm assuming he's got an inverter or generator for power but just in case is anyone else bringing one I can use for the boombox? I don't wan't to have to buy a gazillion batteries for this thing if I don't have to. I'll check the thread before I leave in a few hours.

dblake, did ya find a spot that's fairly hardpacked? There's a few motorhomes coming out that would appreciate it;)
I can run the generator for that, DB!

We should be heading out in about 30 minutes, just in time for the traffic jam in Ramona. Should be there about 7pm. Since I have gotten the RV stuck there twice, I will not be parking on anything less than solid terra firma, thank you very much.

Sorry it only will go down to one lane after 7:00pm :)
That is good information.
To go to Truckhaved, I always take the 67 up to Ramona, then east on the 78, left on 79, right onto S-2, then left onto S-22. Its faster and avoids those 15 mph turns.

Man... I sure wish I was going:banghead:

Have a great time and keep the shiny side up;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally loaded up, my super duty has "Audio In" if we want that to be the DJ for the kingo of the hammers.

I'm predicting some issues with my truck, nothing different from what I delt with in Moab, but I just got a rude awakening from my brakes. This only getting 1000 miles on a $60 set of pads is getting old.

Back