Truckhaven Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Pictures

DAMNNNN!!!! Is that a perfect shot or what? Rick and Peter, that's poster material!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by mattadams
I'm just waitin til I turn 25 (5 more years, LOL) so I can finally get my concealed carry permit. Anyways, it looks like a great trips, enjoyed the pics Peter!

Sorry to hear that Matt, Her in Massachusetts you can get a concealed carry permit at the age of 21. I know cause I have had one since I was 21.

Rick, Bill

Which pic are you talking about?

edited
Got it know. the pic didn't come thru the first time I looked.

[Edited by Peter Weber on 01-24-2001 at 07:35 AM]

Excellent Pics!

I gotta get out of Eastern Canada here and join you guys sometime. Your wheelin' terrain is excellent. I'm Jealous!

Bluedog,

or anybody else too if you know, what hitch do u have?, that looks like it fits inside the frame rail. i tried a hitch on the other day and it didnt look right with my body lift. yours looks like it fits real nice. let me know,if you can, so i can get one, i need to tow my boat soon.
chad

Rick

I'll e-mail you about details on the print you want. There are a number of options available.

Got the second set of pics back. They're at

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=918928&a=11174415

I often have sequences (2-4) shots of somebody going over, thru or down an obstacle, but put up only one on PhotoPoint. If anybody is interested in getting any enlargements, let me know. I'll then collect all the shots I have of you at an event and e-mail you scans. You can then let me know which pics you want, I'll get the enlargements made and get them to you.

I'll be gone the next 3 days. New snow in the Sierra Nevada. I'll test how my Scorpions perform in the snow.

Peter, those pictures are great.
I especially like Squeez rock, that was tight.

Good photos, Gary

bigcheck1

The hitch on my truck is custom. I took a draw-tite heavy duty hich and cut the mounts off it and built new ones. Then I trimmed the spare tire area to make it fit with my body lift. Thing is, I'm not happy with the strength of the mount at this point, that is th reason I didn't answer your email, sorry. I'm going to have it fixed. FYI, I checked with a hitch shop and they said they would build be a custom hitch that would pull up tight with the body lift...they wanted $250. I spent $50 on the hitch on ebay and used some scap metal to fab. I'll send you pics when I get it the way I like.

Peter...great pics again. Would you happen to have any of me with my wheels in the air going over heart attack? If so, please email them to me. I will be sending you a lift of what I would like enlarged. Thanx!

bluedog, thanks for the reply. i thought about cutting and fabbing a new one like you did, i just dont have the resources. i also thought about buying one for a diffrent car and making it fit. i didnt know there were places that built hitches, maybe i'l give that a shot. last resort is to buy one that fits normally and just take it on and off when i need it. back to the drawing board, i'd love to see the pics and any info you have on it.
chad

Blayne (BlueDogBandit)

About your question of a pic of you're rear tires taking on air while going over Heart Attack Hill. Sorry, no can do.
Since you were being strapped down hooked to DiffWhackDaddy's, your rear end never came off the ground very much. There is a picture of you on the strap in the second set of TruckHaven pics.
For anybody, he was being strapped down because he lost his left front brake and we didn't want to take any chances, not because of being chicken or his driving skills. :D

I'll scan everything I have of you and e-mail it to you.
Might take a day or two.

I just got back from three days in Yosemite. 1 1/2 feet of snow the day before I got there, 1 foot on Thursday night. My Pirelli Scorpion AT's did great in loose and on hard pack. I went into an unplowed picnic area where it was over 1 1/2 feet deep (walking, I sunk in over my knees). My wife thought I was crazy. No problems. I'll make a believer of the capabilities of my unmodified Sport out of her yet.

Thanx!

Thanx Peter....I really appreciate it. I guess I'll have to get heart attack hill next time...by the way, I got new Superlift brake lines and turned the Pro Comp's back in. I will also carry the spares in the truck instead of back at camp. Thanx again.

I combined the Truckhaven pictures into one album.

Rick, BlueDogBandit and Ray H., check your e-mails.

Thanx Peter!

I love that picture taken in the mirror.

Blayne, this one?

View

Glad you like it.

Heartattack Hill

After reviewing all the pictures that Peter took and my video, I have figured out that when I first dropped in to the hill I was further to the left than everyone els by at least a foot. Now that doesn't sound to bad, but where my left rear tire is it gets higher the further left you go. I corrected and got my front tires on track, but that hole comes so quick that the rear end obviously didn't have the time to catch up to the left.

DWD

I uploaded Heart Attack Hill into Photopoint. You can see the whole sequence at
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=918928&a=11345833

I also made a movie out it. This is my first try at a movie in Photopoint, so I'm not to sure if I did the best way possible.

I loaded the pictures at a fairly high resolution, so the movie takes some time to load.

[Edited by Peter Weber on 02-02-2001 at 12:53 PM]

Movie

Guys I made an Animated GIF, if you give me your e-mail address I will send it to you.

Back