Truckhaven Saturday Night Potluck | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Saturday Night Potluck

I guess I should have said it wasn't Mexican Spanish. Each country speaks a different dialect of Spanish and even in Mexico there are many dialects. The spelling of ensalata and di was the give away that it wasn't Mexican Spanish.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll haul out a seven layer dip...whatever category that fits in :D

Char said:
I guess I should have said it wasn't Mexican Spanish. Each country speaks a different dialect of Spanish and even in Mexico there are many dialects. The spelling of ensalata and di was the give away that it wasn't Mexican Spanish.

Italian and Spanish are so damn similar though.....I remember when I was in World Civ in high school I had these two guys sitting in the row in front of me, one was Italian and one was Spanish and they would speak their native language when speaking to each other. And they understood each other perfectly

Hope that everything is well with you, Char......take care, ok?

SoBeLover said:

Italian and Spanish are so damn similar though.....I remember when I was in World Civ in high school I had these two guys sitting in the row in front of me, one was Italian and one was Spanish and they would speak their native language when speaking to each other. And they understood each other perfectly

Hope that everything is well with you, Char......take care, ok?

Your fight. Both languages are derived from Latin. I was born in the Bronx in an Italian neighborhood and as a kid I could understand both languages.

well lots of food so far,i can bring a few coolers with some ice,a couple of folding tables and a gas grill with propane.although these items aren,t that tasty they could help.please let me know if i can help with food i was going to get somme steaks,but it looks like we have the beef covered.i'll figure somthing out........anthony

I'll bring some pork and beans, or corn on the cob if I can find it, or some brussel sprouts and bacon. And I'll bring some cold drinks, soda, capri-sun or something like that. And most importantly I am hopefully going to finally have time to put my tcase in tomorrow.

kiadog said:
i'll figure somthing out........anthony

Couple loafs of french bread, some butter, garlic.. toast them up, and YUMMY!

Char said:
Friendly reminder

Oh my gosh, I think my ears are bleeding!

Put us down for some dessert - I'll have to figure out what later. (Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler if I remember everything, convenience store cookies if I don't) :D

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Oh my gosh, I think my ears are bleeding!

Put us down for some dessert - I'll have to figure out what later. (Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler if I remember everything, convenience store cookies if I don't) :D

Doesn't that new fangled camper of yours have a oven?

Put me down for a side dish, Char. I don't know what, though. Will there be enough luxury RV's that someone could heat a dish for me? If so, i can bring my wife's Mex rice, or refried beans. :chug:

No problem Bill, you can use our oven to heat your stuff.

CARROT CAKE! mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm!!

Review the list and make sure I have you down for what you are bringing.

Thanks!

How about a veggie tray. Nice 'n' easy! :rolleyes: :D

put me down for some french bread, garlic butter and some bbq flavor ribs.see you on saturday......................anthony

BKennedy said:
Done, put me down for a veggie tray.

hey where is the famous kennedy ceasar? :D

Char said:
Carrot Cake - 94explorer2x4 :frustrate :burnout:

whats the angry man for???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back