Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004

I might be able to make it. If any of you San Diego guys want to get some wood I have almost 2 cords of wood that needs to be burned. It is all split and ready to go. Only thing is that is very messy and I wouldnt recomend putting it in the back of the explorer as it will make a huge mess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
I might be able to make it. If any of you San Diego guys want to get some wood I have almost 2 cords of wood that needs to be burned. It is all split and ready to go. Only thing is that is very messy and I wouldnt recomend putting it in the back of the explorer as it will make a huge mess.

How far from truckhaven is it? I might make the jaunt over to get it with superduty, if it's in reason..

Char and I are planning on being there all weekend. Can't wait :)

tdavis said:
How far from truckhaven is it? I might make the jaunt over to get it with superduty, if it's in reason..

IT would probably add a good 3 plus hours to your trip. I am right by qualcomm stadium. It is a solid 2 hour drive out to truckhaven from here. Probably only worth it if someone is pretty close. It burn hot and super fast as well so if would make for some short fires if that is all that was there.

Rock Ranger, I have been looking for a nice early 90's 4X4 Ranger for you. If I impound the right one, I'll let you know. You can buy it at the lean sale for cheap. ;)

sounds good brian. I havent been able to find anything. Ive been calling on a few 93 and 94s and havent been able to find anything. They eather never call back or all have the 3.0 Might have to give up and just get a toyota

Ok, falling back to plan A for firewood..

EVERYONE BRING FIREWOOD! :D

Bad news

Well, unfortunately, I am not going to make it. Had a major :roll: and the Ex is :thumbdwn:
Check the whoops section later tonight for a list of damage and pics. Just to give you an idea though, 30ft down a cliff off a fire road is where I ended up on my roof. Myself and the two kids in the vehicle walked away with minor scrathes and bruises.

Anyone got a 1st gen for sale cheap, I know I need a new body and frame.

Sorry to hear about the RollOver Diff, but you are the Leader of the Posse. I guess you are up for a major rebuild. Glad to hear you are all okay, cause you can always get a new X.

If everyone brings firewood we should be fine. I can bring some large pieces of wood, and some leftovers from our Shaver trip (I kept all the wood someone, I think it was Positive Vibes, left).

Holy Moley! Diff went over? Man oh man....glad you guys are okay!

I miss Thaven, wish I could join ya! :(

Matt, still looking for a Ranger, or have you decided Yota totally?

Oh ****!!! That sucks! I'm just glad you guys are ok. :thumbsup:

How's my door? I hope my door survived;)

Lets just say that the white door is no longer the major flaw in my paint scheme.

:( OMG Kevin, sorry to hear that! I'm glad to hear that you and the passengers werent seriously hurt though.

Sorry to here about this Kevin.

I'll still be waiting with the bender to cage the next one up (next time, should I just bring it up to you, since it's portable?)

We'll see. I have only been allowed to buy another Ex by the wife if the first thing I do to it is putt in a roll cage, with the proper seats and 4 or 5 point seatbelts. In other words, before I can transfer any parts from the old one, it has to have a roll cage with safer seats and harnesses.

hey diff, just happen to have a 93 completely dissasembled. i planned on keeping the rear end, but if you need it you can have it. complete straight body and frame, but engine needs to be put back together. i am also right near qualcomm in san diego, but i'll take next to nothing for this thing. i have to move in like two weeks so let me know.....

Damn Diff, that really sucks...glad everyone walked away alright.
Sounds like Exploderpilot has the hot ticket for ya Diff...or maybe Matt :D.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dayum :eek: Kevin, I hate to hear that, you put so much work in that truck. It can be replaced tho. :thumbsup: Glad you and the kids are OK.

David

Back