Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well... I've got a real dilemma. Fleetwood is buying our camper back and they won't let me keep it another month. Now that I know that, I'm trying to get them to cut me a check asap so we can find another camper before Thanksgiving.

Hopefully this will all come together in time, but I have a feeling we'll be sleeping in a tent this time around.

Easy fix. Go finance a new camper and make sure there are no penalties for paying the loan off early. Finance it for a month and pay it off after you get the check. Worst case you pay a little interest, but your not in a tent.

I can't buy another camper until they pay off our existing loan. They actually have to cut two checks one to the bank for the payoff and one to me for the balance.

We will be sure to save a spot near the fire with lots of nice, soft sand for you two.

So, you want to be what, 2ft away from the fire to keep warm?

There's always that motel - Ray+Carols, or something like that, in downtown Salton City. ;)

RangerX said:
There's always that motel - Ray+Carols, or something like that, in downtown Salton City. ;)

Thats BEAUTIFUL downtown Salton City! :p

I think with all the wood that people will bring we could build a nice shack :D

Diff Whack Daddy said:
I have only been allowed to buy another Ex by the wife if the first thing I do to it is putt in a roll cage, with the proper seats and 4 or 5 point seatbelts. In other words, before I can transfer any parts from the old one, it has to have a roll cage with safer seats and harnesses.

With your history, that actually sounds like a good plan, LOL

I still have my "X" up for sale RockRanger!
I would like to make it out to T-haven for one last Hoo rah with the sploder, but without overdrive, I would probably have to trailer it out.
When is the big "Explorer" run out at T-Haven?
This almost sounds like the one!

Thanks,

I should be there atleast one of the days maybe more. :D I will be showing you guys up this time in a 93 ranger with 31"s and open diffs. :D :D Sorry blane didnt have enough money for yours and really wanted a ranger anyways.

oh the big explorer run is presidents weekend in january. Usually around the 15-20th of the month.

RockRanger said:
oh the big explorer run is presidents weekend in january. Usually around the 15-20th of the month.

You mean MLK weekend. Presidents would be Febuary ;)

RockRanger said:

MLK is Jan 17th, 2005.

Probably need to start a thread on it soon, that's less than 2.5 months away! :D

RockRanger said:
I should be there atleast one of the days maybe more. :D I will be showing you guys up this time in a 93 ranger with 31"s and open diffs. :D :D Sorry blane didnt have enough money for yours and really wanted a ranger anyways.
:cool:

tdavis said:
MLK is Jan 17th, 2005.

Probably need to start a thread on it soon, that's less than 2.5 months away! :D
Yup, gotta make sure everybody starts stocking up on firewood. LOL

Jefe said:
Yup, gotta make sure everybody starts stocking up on firewood. LOL

xmas trees! xmas trees!

tdavis said:
MLK is Jan 17th, 2005.

I was wondering if that run was gonna happen too, seems like Thanxgiving was going to be the "big run". There was also talk of changing the date of the "big run" so DWD could attend, but now with his rig out of service is it going to be the regular weekend unless DWD get a rig up and running in time? So Rick, tell us what's going on our fearless leader :p.

I haven't had time to think about the big run yet. We're moving tomorrow...

I had planned on moving the run to accomodate DWD, but have not made any arrangements for a new date. I'm open to suggestions.

I'd wait and see what DWD has to say about making the run or not then go from there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DB_1 said:
I'd wait and see what DWD has to say about making the run or not then go from there.

He can not attend the run in January.

I'll start a thread for it.

Back