Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven - Thanksgiving 2004

I can't make the big run this year anyway. I am deploying before then so I wouldn't be able to make either weekend. That's why I was planning on making the Thanksgiving trip instead. I will be back up and running by Moab next year though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a junk yard down here full of first gen Explorers. Maybe you could pick one up there??

I heard RockRanger got a new truck.....

I already picked one up hear for $500. Good body and frame. Time to break out the grider again and get those rivets out.

All doors are the same color. However, I think the fender I am getting from Trckmagic is white. I am going to paint it though, but first I will have to take a pic with it on. I've got the new one gutted and am now starting on striping the good ol' Green Mistress. Should have that done this weekend and then comes the fun of reinstalling everything. Most of it is easy. The small stuff is the hardest. Dual batteries, lighting, etc.

Who is coming out Friday morning? Are we camping at the traditional spot for Truckhaven (end of S Marina split on right, then camp near wash)?

BKennedy said:
Who is coming out Friday morning? Are we camping at the traditional spot for Truckhaven (end of S Marina split on right, then camp near wash)?
You mean N Marina right? ;)

John and I will probably be out there Thursday evening to avoid 210 and 10 traffic on friday morning. Even being out there thursday night last year, I ended up on the south side of N Marina, rather than our usual spot. John and I will scout it out and park so you can see us when driving in on N Marina.

My goal is to leave the SFBay area around 4/5pm on Thursday, and to arrive sometime between midnight and 6am, and then sleep for a few hours.

Yea, I know that sucks. Easier than trying to negoitate 210/10 traffic..

tdavis said:
My goal is to leave the SFBay area around 4/5pm on Thursday, and to arrive sometime between midnight and 6am, and then sleep for a few hours.
Be careful to not run over any tents when you pull in . . . . :D

I'm not exactly sure what time, but I'll be there Friday morning. I'll probably wait for the traffic to die down before I leave "The O.C." God that show pisses me off!

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Be careful to not run over any tents when you pull in . . . . :D

I'll try and just pull up next them, and let the diesel idle for 30 minutes, ok?

:D

Why, oh why do I do this..

I was having a wierd motion come from the rear axle - tore it apart, found a bad bearing ($54, sealed one piece.. yikes!). Decided to try and figure out why the axle was also leaking under the spring pads.. So, I cut off one pad - and there is 3" long crack in the axle housing. So I'm going to try and weld it up, and after thanksgiving, start thinking of finding another housing.

I should get it done a few days, I've got all the parts, just need to cut off the pad and see what's wrong under that one, then weld the pads back on, and put it all back together.

Oh, your just cracking me up.. uhm..

I should have it back together this weekend. I was shocked to see how long the crack is.

hey bkennedy, where is this junkyard in sd with all the explorers?

Where we are going to play.. And yes, I've got a new toy that lets me take satelite photos, and use them with a GPS. :D The area was just filmed less then 2 years ago according to http://www.terraserver-usa.com

Attachments

• truckhaven-reduced.jpg
    truckhaven-reduced.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 101

Tom, that is totally friggin cool!

The junk yards are in Oceanside, California. One is called Gallant's Truck Salvage.

If possible, can we camp near some hardpack so my Dad doesn't get stuck with his 36' RV? If we go a little bit west of where we usually camp (a few hundred feet) there is an area with some hard ground and some soft stuff for tents. But get what you can and BRING WOOD!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We could camp off of one of the paved side streets again...

Tom, how bout a reference point on that map! Is that the main wash at the bottom of pic?

I'll be leaving Oceanside 6-6:30 AM Friday. Some friends are coming with in their Toyota truck, and they are bringing a friend in a Sammi who races for Ford.

Back