Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure where to put this Topic but I figured this looks like a good place. Its not about an OFFROAD EXCURSION but here goes.

October 15-17 at Firestone International Receway in Phoenix, Arizona there will be the biggest National Truck Show in the country. Truckin magazine is sponsoring the show and I am planning on attending. I am going to be driving out Oct 15th friday morning and gonna spend the weekend there. There will be a Show Car Comp/ Db Race / and ofcourse the famous Bikini Contest!

Most of the stuff I have found for my Explorer I have found at shows like this. All the major Truck Manufacturers are gonna be there and you can talk with them on a 1 on 1 basis and find out if they have anything for Explorers or making anything. If anyone else is planning on attending let me know and maybe we can hook up while I am out in AZ. I am driving my Explorer there!

Jordan

I'm glad to see that somebody besides me is planning to attend this. Jordan, maby we could drive down there togeather, that is if I'm not too pissed off at the world come October. Let me know if youe intereasted.

Jay,

HAHAHA I wouldnt mind but I am planning on also going with a friend to visit the ASU campus he will be attending next fall and I also know some people there I will be staying with for the weekend. If you wanna drive your Explorer and group out there that could be cool but not sure if you wanna tag along with me and my friends for the weekend? If not, we should all plan on meeting there sometime and getting to know each other.

Rick, have you been there before? Know a good place we can meet?

Jordan

Yep, I've been to Firebird many times. Planning a place to meet there may be difficult since we most likely won't be able to drive our Explorers in. Or will we??

We could decide on a time span to be there and then you could call me on my cell phone from a pay phone. Or we could meet for breakfast somewhere. Where are you going to be staying? Near ASU? I don't really know any meeting places out that way cuz I live on the west side of town.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Rick,
You come up with the meeting place and the time, and I'll be at that place at that time. Also, where is a god place to stay? I've never done more than drive through and fly over the town so this is all new territory to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Jordan,
If you are intereasted in driving down there togeather, e-mail me and we'll get togeather. Don't worry I didn't plan on taging along with you and your friends, I'm a BIG boy now and mom said I can go to the park on my own now. Seriously, let me know if your intereasted, if not i hop to see you there.

And why couldn't we just drive in, They have sections for 4x4 vehicles, it would be good to have a few Explorers togeather there, it could be good publicity, the manufactures could actually see that there are peaple who modify there Explorers.
I wounder what entry fees are? they can't be that much really. Just something to think about.

JAY

[This message has been edited by JAY (edited 09-21-1999).]

Jay,

I didnt mean to offend you but I wanted to see if you meant you are driving too or wanted to hitch a ride with me, thats all. I will let you know when we are going to leave for sure, by the way where do you live?

Rick,

Let us know and good time and place on lets say Saturday morning to meet and I am there. Not sure where I am staying but I have some friends out there I may stay with. If I get a Hotel I will post where and how much.

Jordan

Jordan,
I live down by San Diego, but we can meet where ever you would like. I may end up pulling my Explorer out there rather than driving it, I'm not sure yet.

Rick,
That sounds like a plan, let us (me)know what you find out.

JAY

[This message has been edited by JAY (edited 09-21-1999).]

I booked my reservations for my friend and I at the Fairfield Inn off Chandler Ave in Phoenix. I got a corporate rate of $49 a night. Their number is 408-940-0099.

Just in case you still needed to find a room somewhere.

Jordan

I won't be able to make it to the show until 1:00pm on Saturday. Is that ok or should I just try to get there early on Sunday??

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Due to poor planning on my part, I can no longer make it. I didn't realize that the Chargers have a home game this sunday and had already commited myself to working it.

The show was awesome! Dont know if anyone else made it there but I had a great time talking to Truckin people and seeing a good show. Everything from DB Drags, Street Drags, Ms. Truckin Bikini Contest (which by the way the contestant stayed in my Hotel by luck), and other varios truck stuff.

Jordan

Did anyone else end up going?

The show was awesome! Dont know if anyone else made it there but I had a great time talking to Truckin people and seeing a good show. Everything from DB Drags, Street Drags, Ms. Truckin Bikini Contest (which by the way the contestant stayed in my Hotel by luck), and other varios truck stuff.

Jordan

Did anyone else end up going?

I was there and my Explorer was on display at FLY-N-HI's booth all day Sunday.
http://www.4x4central.com/rickramp.jpg

Dead Link Removed

The Rock Crawling contest was spectacular. Only one made it through without the need of a winch. He had a specially made rig using military axles and an all tube frame.

Sorry I missed you Jordan.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-18-1999).]

Back