leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
The True Hero's

As we all know in the past few days the citizens of the USA and the world have been put through hell. At no time in past history have we sat there and watched as our lives changed in front of our eyes. On 9-11-01 we watched live as four different planes crashed into buildings and into the ground. On any other day our eyes would of been watching the latest MTV video or wondering who was going to win next week's NFL games, however our breath was quickly taken away from all of us. As the world watched smoke poring out of the World Trade Center we all saw a second plane crash into the second building and kill thousands. In the minutes after this attack we quickly learned of another plane hit into the Pentagon and kill even more humans. This event has changed our lives forever.

In the minutes after the horrid event America quickly showed why it's the number one nation in the world. We quickly ran into the stores to donate food. We quickly ran into blood backs to donate our own blood. We quickly ran into the burning buildings to save those who are passing away. America came together to help out those who are in need.

In the past few years many have said that America has started to let down their guard in several different areas. Crime has risen, homeless rates have gone up, the dollar has went down, states have only received on average 2% of the citizens donating blood. I could go on for pages on how we have let our morals and standards down. Many people, including myself, have started to follow the "me first" mindset. All to often we're too worried about how the events are going to effect themselves over others. Withen minutes of the event that mindset changed and we started helping out our fellow Americans.

Within hours America filled up the Red Cross blood banks. The Red Cross has asked local hospitals to hold extra blood that is getting donated. Americans have quickly donated their hard earned money to other Americans. Within 12 hours they the Red Cross received a donation every second for the entire 12 hours. Americans donated 1million dollars online alone. They've also donated thousands of millions dollars in local donations. Several companies stepped up and helped out America. PepsiCo has donated $100,000 plus all the water, Gatorade, Frito Lay, Tropicana, and Quaker Oats produts the the victims and volunteers need. Cisco and GE have donated a combined total of $16 million to NYC as well. Across America you see locals doing everything they can do to help out one another. Stories start to come out across the country about people helping out one another. Down south a New York Police Department employee found himself stranded and wondering how he will be able to get home to find out the state of his loved ones. Several state police departments have stepped up and donated the people to drive him state by state till he gets home. Companies in the north have stated to make little "shoes" for the dogs that are going into the ruins to help save the innocent. The companies are donating all the time and supplies for free. There are several thousands of stories just like these. The armed forces has seen people stepping up by the thousands to join and to help out their country. People quickly started to display the American Flag everywhere you can picture.

The American public has quickly turned full circle in morals and started to help out one another. If you ask me this is all because those who gave their life in those few minutes. Americans stood up with one another to help each other like that we have never seen. We quickly showed other countries what America and the citizens are made of. I would like to personally thank every person who died on 9-11-01. The thousands of people who died have brought this country together like no country has ever seen. For that I call them the true hero's of this great nation, and I thank every one of them. I know they're in good hands right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
that's a great post leebo.
i'm proud of everyone who donated and helped out.
i'm glad i live in the greatest country in the world.

Dead Link Removed

espnfreak

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Elgin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Maxima SE-L *5spd
yes, the greatest nation, its amazing what those people went through. some got burned alive by the fire and what not, they experienced things that arent even imaginable to me. they will be remembered forever

Brian8

Reaction score
City, State
Terryville, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
02' limited
Great post leebo...I am also very glad to live in the greatest country in the world.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
GREAT POST LEE!!!!