Truxxx lift and new AT's

wvkarmatoburn

Reaction score
City, State
Smoot, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac XLT V8
Hey all,
On Friday, me and my dad, who's a retired mechanic, installed the Truxxx lift kit on my '08 Sport Trac XLT.

All in all, it was a very easy install. A dry place to work and air tools make it much more enjoyable though. It took, at most, three hours to do.

I ordered a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT Extreme's from Tire Rack. I went with 275/70/17's. I'm a forester, and needed a six ply to wheel around the places I have to be. I had those put on yesterday at Wally World since the 'ol man's tire changer is a POS.

I'm really liking the way the ST looks now. Great stance and looks a truck instead of a SUV.

The lift did a good job of leveling it out and the tires give it the added height it needs. It measures just over 37 inches from the ground to the bottom of the fender. I actually have to hop up into the cab now. I didn't do any measurements before I did this so I don't know the exact increase but it does look a lot better IMHO.

Even though it's not all shined up and an overcast and cloudy day, I took some pictures. They're low quality but here you go.......
profile.jpg

Front.jpg

left_front.jpg

left_rear.jpg

left_front2.jpg

It's a mean lookin' machine...
The lift kit and big rubber made quite a transformation.
No excuses for gettin' 'er stuck now. Hehehehe.
Enjoy !!!

RoadBully Lift Pics

Here's mine. 2008 ST with 2" RoadBully lift front and rear. Michelin 275 65/R18 LTX A/T2's. 3/4" spacers on order to eliminate front rub at full turn.
th_DSC00013.jpg
th_DSC00016.jpg
th_DSC00012.jpg

WOW, those two look great. That settles it, I am lifting my 07. I think I will go with the 2.5" Roadbully spacers.

Back