TRUXXX lift kit & Ball Joint FAilure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRUXXX lift kit & Ball Joint FAilure

cburns70

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT
I'm starting a new thread because I'm curious about the Truxxx 102010 Liftkit & the ball joint failures I've been reading about.

I called Traxda about their lift Kit. The guy I spoke with was very helpful, but he didn't have any reports of ball joint failures.

He did take my information & was going to check into it further, & have someone call me back.

How many ball joints are failing out there? Its it from serious offroading? I'm 2wd, so my offroading is going to very limited anyway.

I've seen the ICA replacements, but the price is way out my budget.

Are these failures due to improper alignment or extreme offroading?

if you're lifting, you're probably putting larger wheels and tires. That increases unsprung weight, and puts much more stress on suspension components. Off roading only adds to these stresses.

Ball joints and outer tie rod ends have a finite service life; they all wear out eventually.

Depends upon your mileage, but I'd think long an hard about changing your suspension geometry without replacing for some fresh components under there. They're cheap enough to replace with stock parts after all.

I had two fail with the truxxx lift, one one a city street and one pulling in my laneway, so no heavy off roading there,but lotsa damage each time, then I got the tubular a-arms.

If your going to do the lift and stick with stock ones Id be changing them out every year, once you get the lift on you will see the extreme anglt the ball joints are at.

I will be selling my lift and a arms soon as Im going back to stock to sell my truck.

Todd

Back