• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift problems

wafflejones

Reaction score
City, State
ATL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac -xlt-v6
I have a 2008 ford explorer sport trac v6 xlt and i am defiantly getting the truxxx lift but i want to get the Uniball upper control arms from BTF Fabrication or something like. I have seen it on the 4th gen explorers but not on any 2nd gen sport tracs. My question is does it fit on the sport trac. Also on the btf fabrications website it says that it is only for the front so does that mean that i dont need to get the Uniball upper control arms for the rear or does someone else sell one(ps i am getting 31" tires and 17" rims so keep that in mind)
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2008 ford explorer sport trac v6 xlt and i am defiantly getting the truxxx lift but i want to get the Uniball upper control arms from BTF Fabrication or something like. I have seen it on the 4th gen explorers but not on any 2nd gen sport tracs. My question is does it fit on the sport trac. Also on the btf fabrications website it says that it is only for the front so does that mean that i dont need to get the Uniball upper control arms for the rear or does someone else sell one(ps i am getting 31" tires and 17" rims so keep that in mind)
Thanks

The suspensions are nearly (if not definitely) identical between the 4th Gen explorers and 2nd Gen tracs, so the BTF arms should work. Just tell him you have a trac when you call to order and I'm sure he'll make sure you get the right ones, if there's any difference at all.

You don't need them for the rear, since the uppers back there don't use ball joints and so they won't have the same issues as the stock front ones.

thanks ronin8002 how often would i have to replace the ball joints for for the btf's(in your experience) also how hard is it to instal of do you need mechanic experience

thanks ronin8002 how often would i have to replace the ball joints for for the btf's(in your experience) also how hard is it to instal of do you need mechanic experience

I didn't think they were very hard to install. If you can install the Truxxx spacers then the arms are not difficult, just two more bolts on each side that you have to take out and replace. You'll definitely need to get an alignment immediately. I tried to get mine close by eye and I was still way off.

The uniball life depends on what conditions you get into. Lots of mud, dirt, and sand probably don't help. I've had mine on for around a year now and I'm sure they've got a few more years before needing to be replaced. You can ask Brandon at BTF what he recommends.

ok thanks i will

Back