Truxxx lift, stock wheels, 32" tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift, stock wheels, 32" tires

kmonty03

Reaction score
City, State
KC MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited
Hey everyone. I'm new on here. Finally got a chance to play with the Explorer. Truxxx lift is being put on as soon as I find the time. I'm debating tires and spacers. I keep telling myself no on the spacers, but the lift is going to narrow the stance slightly and the wheels already sit far enough under the fenders. Wider just has a better look. Don't have the coin for wheels. I'm between 255/70/18, 265/70 18, 275/65/18. Just kind of looking for some updated info, problems, suggestions. As a ford technician all I see is the broken stuff. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone. I'm new on here. Finally got a chance to play with the Explorer. Truxxx lift is being put on as soon as I find the time. I'm debating tires and spacers. I keep telling myself no on the spacers, but the lift is going to narrow the stance slightly and the wheels already sit far enough under the fenders. Wider just has a better look. Don't have the coin for wheels. I'm between 255/70/18, 265/70 18, 275/65/18. Just kind of looking for some updated info, problems, suggestions. As a ford technician all I see is the broken stuff. Thanks in advance.

I'm running 265/75/16 with 2" spacer with the truxxx kit

I'm running 265/75/16 with 2" spacer with the truxxx kit

Good looking rig! Have you had any issues out of the spacers? How long have you had them on. I'm paranoid because I have 4 children and really don't want a wheel coming off on a family trip. What kind of spacers are they? Ive just heard too many horror stories.Also do you do much wheeling? Any tire rub issues? My explorer has a bad habit of going places we probably shouldn't be without a serious trail rig and winch lol. Are u fire dept? I like the lights. I volunteer for my hometown.

I haven't had any issues!! It just throws my alignment off

OP, are you the one who sent me the PM? Someone on here did asking about my trucks specs but I accidently deleted it.

Shoot me another.

I sent the pm. I re sent it.

Ordered these today. 255/70/18. Should get all the work done next weekend! 2" spacers are supposed to be here next Tues.
Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg

Apparently I don't know how to post pictures yet.

Back