trying decide between these three taillights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trying decide between these three taillights

debating between these tail lights for '97. anyone have a set? likes dislikes? think i'm feeling the first set

set 1
1141266282960_LTEPOR95JMYD.gif

set 2
5482.gif

set 3
5087.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

#2 would be my choice if the reversw light was at the bottom.

I say tint your stock tail lights with some creativity, mask off the reverse light area and tint the rest?

#2 would be my choice if the reverse light was at the bottom.

Same here.

Not a big fan of any of those. I like the clear top/Red/clear bottom sets available. That's what I'm going to get in a coupla weeks.

the truck is black. i thought (still think) the same about #1 and #3.

8369-R1-35-2.jpg

I like set 2

I like these suckers but they dont look legal to me??

5468.jpg

or these

TL-R-K.jpg

Yeah, I don't think those are legal 410, I never understood why tho.

I've seen simular ones being used where I live. As long as the brake light is red they don't mess with you. We can run blue dots legally as well.

pretty sure you have to display a certain amount of red all times, illuminated or not per the DOT

I imagine it varies state to state 410. I have even seen clear reflectors with clear lenses on several ocasions.

Or the cops just don't care as they have more important issues they are dealing with.

Kelly should know as well as me that the local city police (Raytown MO) would be the first to pull you over.

understood, I used to see alot of clear lights here in CO too, but that does not make them legal.
The side markers on my BII are not legal and I have never been warned about them or anything

I just wonder how they can sell the clear lights legally if they are no DOT aproved.

What I really do not understand is how people are getting away with the colored winshield washer squirter lights or red, green & blue front parking lights.

I know this is illegal.

they have really cracked down on the wiper light thingys around here, they have all but dissapeared.

Like you said its up to the cop to decide if its worth a traffic stop or not, my guess is 90% of the time its not.

Come on how many items have you bought for your truck that is "for off road use only" hell every light on my truck said that on the package, many engine bolt on's say the same thing. Easy to sell them....

in regaurds to legality, i have the ones taht look like stock ones just all clear, i think they have to say DOT Approved on the light housing to be legal. mine are illegal they say for offraod use only lol.

I like set # 3 (and one if it is the same), do you know if they have them availble for 1st gen??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RANGER DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THOSE SUCKERS ON YOUR TRUCK?
oops sorry for caps
I am wanting those lights for my 96

Back