Trying to figure out what size pvc for snorkel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying to figure out what size pvc for snorkel

tom_mcmullen006

Reaction score
City, State
Yelm Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
at the local home depot I found a 2in x 10 ft pipe for about 5 bucks. I was wondering if this would be big enough or small enough for a snorkel. also, where can i buy the arb snorkel head and how much does it cost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used 3" on mine.
DSC00035.jpg

I used to have the link for the ARB top, but instead of the 50/60 dollar price I just opted for a 8$ vent cap(mine still uses the stock filter box).
As long as the engine doesn't starve for air I don't know why the 2" stuff wouldn't work.

I used 3" on mine.
DSC00035.jpg

I used to have the link for the ARB top, but instead of the 50/60 dollar price I just opted for a 8$ vent cap(mine still uses the stock filter box).
As long as the engine doesn't starve for air I don't know why the 2" stuff wouldn't work.

BLOODBANE i was wondering where you got your front bumper or did you make it ride looks sweet

Its a DUFF bumper. I had to weld the loop on it(it came in 2 pieces). I need to make some new mounts for it though. The body lift brackets arent all that great, they mainly just put it up to the correct height, I don't know how much stress they could really take.
Heres a better shot of the front....
DSC00753.jpg

nice looking truck man:thumbsup:where did you get that light rack? is that a sway bar i see up front still connected?

Back