• Register Today It's free!

trying to figure out whats best

superxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xplorer sport
i have been wanting to upgrade my system for a lil more bass. and i know i want a kicker comp vr 12 inch. now i wanna hook up the sub into 2 ohms. im thinking about just getting a lanzar vibe 238 amp to run the 1 sub. so i guess im asking if this is a decent amp to run the sub on. also will this amp go down to 2 ohms. i get real confused on this stuff and i want a lil help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No lanzar really isnt good. I would goto www.thezeb.com and look at the audiobahn A1500HCX (i think that is the model number)

It is 1000w x 1 @ 2 ohms, for about $350.... really 1000w, not supposedly 800w (Lanzar wont deliver near that)

Originally posted by nweibley
No lanzar really isnt good. I would goto www.thezeb.com and look at the audiobahn ach1500x (i think that is the model number)

It is 1000w x 1 @ 2 ohms, for about $350.... really 1000w, not supposedly 800w (Lanzar wont deliver near that)

then take that printout to gibraltar trade center and see what you can find.

BTW, where abouts in MI you located?

the sub is only raited to about 800 watts i thought tho. will that blow my sub. my friend has a lanzar and his system hits hard with 2 kickers off of it. but i would wanna get the best for my money. dont really wanna go over 150 for an amp.

Originally posted by udmsvt
then take that printout to gibraltar trade center and see what you can find.

BTW, where abouts in MI you located?
huh? I'm confused. Whats gibraltar trade center? :D?

i live in sterling heights how about ur self.

its a local trade center thats open on the weekends. there are 2 in SE michigan. they have diff shows every weekend (like this weekend one had a gun & knife show and teh other had a sports card show.....next weekend is the computer show and something else.....but they always have regular vendors set up along the sides that sell all sorts of stuff...clothes, car audio, cell phone stuff, tattoo parlors, misc stuff. i got my underbodies there for my last car for 65 bucks and my buddy got a new swivel clip for 2 bucks, for example.....kinda flea martek-ish, but better stuff.

Garden City (westland). i am like 10 min north of the airport, but i go to school at U of D at 6/livernois.

anyone wanna help me on what amp i should get here.

audiobahns are prrety nice.....but for your price range, check out gibraltar tomarrow. i go to the one in taylor.

i will get flamed for this, but lightning audio has a lott bang for teh buck.....its made by RF who makes some of the best amps IMHO that are on the market.

Easy on the 16 minute "bump" there.:)

For under $150, you aren't gonna get anything of quality for 800w.

Originally posted by udmsvt
i will get flamed for this, but lightning audio has a lott bang for teh buck.....its made by RF who makes some of the best amps IMHO that are on the market.
No you wont, I had a nice LA amp that served its purpose very well. I dunno about sub amps, but they work just dandy.

how about a kenwood 800 watt amp or a legacy amp.

i'm no expert, but i beg to differ. i used to deal with the local car audio shop all the time and have seen a few swwt deals come and go. at gibraltar, you can even find used stuff and test it.......something will catch your eye.

NO LEGACY!

Originally posted by nweibley
No you wont, I had a nice LA amp that served its purpose very well. I dunno about sub amps, but they work just dandy.

i had an $80 amp that was supposedly rated at 600 max (although i figured iut would never hit that) blow my 12" pioneer that was rated at 500...and i know pioneers can take more that what they are rated. that is the amp i am still using on my new 10"....only i added the cooling fan option to it.

i know that the pioneer 12s can take some serious clipping and still live =) lol if u only want to spend 150 try and get a used one its not always bad to buy used just gota watch out for scratchs and stuff if it has scuffs and suck on it or big dings then it prolly wassent mounted and just thrown in a trunk to bang around

try hollywood sound in garden city...its only like 3 blocks from my house and thats where alot of my friends went.

I have had experience with the Lanzar Vibe and it has been very good. I currently have 2 of those exact amps. I have 1 putting 300 watts to each of my doors (3 way Audiobahn components, 2 sets of components @ 320RMS per side) and my other amp powering both of my Audiobahn 12" Flame Q's. I'm putting 600 watts to each sub at 2ohms (1100 watt RMS, 2000 watt max) and they hit hard as hell. I have incredible bass transition from high to lows and no clipping what so ever. So far I am very happy with my setup. Yes, I will be buying new amps from Audiobahn to run my system in the future but for now my Lanzar amps are really doing great.

thanks so far everyone

Back