trying to find floor mats for 2000 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trying to find floor mats for 2000 Limited

tored1971

Reaction score
City, State
Chester Springs, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I am trying to find floor mats for my wifes 2000 Explorer Limited and can't find mats that have the retention hole to keep the mats from sliding around.
Can anyone lead me in the right direction so I can get some new mats?

Thanks Guys, Phil

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any particular style or material? I don't know if they changed it for 2002, but in my 98, the OEM carpeted mats came with the male piece that basically threaded into the carpet, and the mat snapped over it.

In the aftermarket world, if anyone would have them, www.weathertech.com will (among others). I've got Husky Liners in my F150, and they've got a little recess where the factory hook goes.

-Joe

Have you tried ebay?

Limiteds use different floor mats...they also have an actual hole in them, and there is a small hook in the floor carpet that goes through this hole to keep the carpet in place, instead of the previously mentioned piece that screws into the carpet.

Limiteds use different floor mats...they also have an actual hole in them, and there is a small hook in the floor carpet that goes through this hole to keep the carpet in place, instead of the previously mentioned piece that screws into the carpet.

Yes Kevin you are correct:thumbsup:

That is what is making this so difficult to find mats.

Phil

This isn't a great pic because I was showing off the pedals, but I scored some OEM mats on eBay a few years ago that have the "hole" you're looking for. They even say "Explorer" down the side of them too so you know they'll fit. Was a great deal for front and rear.

Autovation_5L_pedals1.jpg

At the time, the seller had lots and I had seem similar mats through the years in assorted colours. Sorry, I don't have a Ford part #. I really like these mats. I use them year round on top of the OEM mats (the carpeted ones). Easy to clean with a pressure wash too. The carpet ones get so dirty so easily and after a while are a pain to keep looking good, especially if you get winter!

I am trying to find floor mats for my wifes 2000 Explorer Limited and can't find mats that have the retention hole to keep the mats from sliding around.
Can anyone lead me in the right direction so I can get some new mats?

Thanks Guys, Phil

What color do you need? I have one left from my 99 Limited, it's the right front in dark gray, I bought rubber mats for my truck, for work use.

The limited mats have "LIMITED" embroidered into them, and the LF has a hole to match the hook in the rug. I have seen them on eBay, rarely but usually from the same seller. He sells a lot of OEM stuff, I've bought mats for my Mountaineer from them, and sun visors.

These don't exist...

That's the same seller (operating under a different name) as the other link. I do recall they had multiple accounts back then as well and the same town in NJ gives it away. I do recall disparity in pricing way back when too. Note the pricing for the 2 mats with one account is the same as the 4 with the other.

This guy has had a line on these things forever!

Mine came from bonesenterprises of Atlanta. I'd just wait and keep a watch on eBay notifying you of when they turn up.

The other good option is to call Ford and get a part number. Then run a search on the internet, eBay, and Green Sales. They buy obsolete Ford parts, and parts from dealerships which go under.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine came from bonesenterprises of Atlanta.

I've dealt with them. They sell some pretty obscure things at decent prices. Good service too.

Back