• Register Today It's free!

Trying to get my heater working

cerberusaardvark

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt
Awhile ago my heater started working erratically. Eventually it just went out. I've replaced the heater core, heater hoses, blower motor and blower motor resistor but it still won't turn 9n. How can I troubleshoot fro here?

On a side note, my ac compressor is deleted and there's a hole is the side of the ac box where I broke it to get a head jolt torqued down

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mean the fan won't blow or just cold air?

mine never worked but the mechanic i was with ( my father) just put a golf tee in one of the hoses he said that it helps the water continuously flow. if you would like a pic of it i could grab one for you haha.

I'm on my third "heater" relay and was about to buy the forth when I noticed that my blower came on when I wiggled the relay. Hmm! Turns out the connection was dirty from a previous spark. I cleaned the existing relay with sand paper and all is well.
Best of luck!
-cd

just replaced the relay with one from a junkyard run i did awhile ago. now my heater works! ITS BEEN SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back