Trying to get Remote Keyless Entry on my 2017 PIU | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying to get Remote Keyless Entry on my 2017 PIU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year is yours?
Might be "stupid simple" to you BUT I purchased a laptop just for this project. It has Windows 11.
FORScan does NOT get the drop down box for programming.
I got the "extended license" and it didn't work so I paid for a year's license and it STILL doesn't work!
>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<
Everything working as it should!

Might be "stupid simple" to you BUT I purchased a laptop just for this project. It has Windows 11.
FORScan does NOT get the drop down box for programming.
I got the "extended license" and it didn't work so I paid for a year's license and it STILL doesn't work!

The toolbox is for IDS, not FORScan. They're separate programs. You can't program keyfobs with FORScan.

Speaking only for 2016 utility and later...you cannot add keyless entry/program remotes with Forscan. Must be done with IDS.

We bought the adapter that Forscan recommends on their site. I helped a friend with a '15 Police Sedan enable Aux input, keyless entry, auto headlights....

In my '16 utility, I've enabled the remote start options in the IPC (to work with the remote start I installed), enabled perimeter alarm, auto headlights, park light flash on lock/unlock, horn honk on second lock press, intelligent all wheel drive display...
I am trying to turn on all of this in my 17 FPIU and I have enabled all the rke, remote start, DRLs, and auto lights. But after doing the proper write, reset inginition, stop program and eventually disconnect, nothing works. Go back in to the IPC and features like vehicle image and the lift gate unlocks with the doors perfectly but everything else nope. Please help.

I am trying to turn on all of this in my 17 FPIU and I have enabled all the rke, remote start, DRLs, and auto lights. But after doing the proper write, reset inginition, stop program and eventually disconnect, nothing works. Go back in to the IPC and features like vehicle image and the lift gate unlocks with the doors perfectly but everything else nope. Please help.
I would restore to the back up you (hopefully) made when you first connected to Forscan. Then, change one thing at a time. Often, changing something can mess up something else.

I would restore to the back up you (hopefully) made when you first connected to Forscan. Then, change one thing at a time. Often, changing something can mess up something else.
I did make a back up.YES sir indeed. But I did change one thing at a time. writing then turn off back on write the next.

Then there had to be a step that you noticed things no longer being there? In my case, I turned on "auto locks", which caused the fuel gauge to read "empty". I reverted that setting.

I'm of little help short of suggesting going through one at a time again

Speaking only for 2016 utility and later...you cannot add keyless entry/program remotes with Forscan. Must be done with IDS.

We bought the adapter that Forscan recommends on their site. I helped a friend with a '15 Police Sedan enable Aux input, keyless entry, auto headlights....

In my '16 utility, I've enabled the remote start options in the IPC (to work with the remote start I installed), enabled perimeter alarm, auto headlights, park light flash on lock/unlock, horn honk on second lock press, intelligent all wheel drive display...

Just replying to an older thread here but I can confirm that I was able to program a key fob on my 2016 with Forscan. You select the keypad program option, enter the 48 digit serial number, and when it prompts you to simultaneously press the 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc. buttons, you just press the lock/unlock buttons multiple times each on the fob.

Just replying to an older thread here but I can confirm that I was able to program a key fob on my 2016 with Forscan. You select the keypad program option, enter the 48 digit serial number, and when it prompts you to simultaneously press the 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc. buttons, you just press the lock/unlock buttons multiple times each on the fob.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Apparently, the latest version of Forscan now allows this programming.

Thank you

Hey, I just had a question for you if I buy aftermarket ones that are not original Fords, but they say they’re programmable to the police interceptor units how do I program those? I’ll send a link at the bottom of this post with the ones that I have.

Beefunny Pair Replacement Upgraded Flip Remote Car Key Fob 315MHz 4D63 Chip for Ford Lincoln Mercury CWTWB1U345, CWTWB1U331, CWTWB1U322, GQ43VT11T https://a.co/d/0XUhjEz

Hey, I just had a question for you if I buy aftermarket ones that are not original Fords, but they say they’re programmable to the police interceptor units how do I program those? I’ll send a link at the bottom of this post with the ones that I have.

Beefunny Pair Replacement Upgraded Flip Remote Car Key Fob 315MHz 4D63 Chip for Ford Lincoln Mercury CWTWB1U345, CWTWB1U331, CWTWB1U322, GQ43VT11T https://a.co/d/0XUhjEz
Those can't be programmed; as far as I know only the OEM Ford fobs have the 48 digit character that's needed to program it.

And yes..the Utilities do not have PATS, they use old school "fleet" keys that have no chip. It's done so that departments can easily and cheaply replace a key.

Actually, it's done so that any cop can move a unit at a scene, not just the one who drive it there.

Actually, it's done so that any cop can move a unit at a scene, not just the one who drive it there.
Well, according to the 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Order Guide: "Simple Fleet Key (w/omicrochip, easy to replace)". At least that's how Ford sees/sells it.

It's also important to remember that unless all units are keyed alike, one key won't necessarily open another vehicle, there are different key codes.

(Although, my former 1994 Bronco and friend's SHO had the same key code so we could open each other's vehicles. Couldn't start the engine, but could open the doors.)

Well, according to the 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Order Guide: "Simple Fleet Key (w/omicrochip, easy to replace)". At least that's how Ford sees/sells it.

It's also important to remember that unless all units are keyed alike, one key won't necessarily open another vehicle, there are different key codes.

(Although, my former 1994 Bronco and friend's SHO had the same key code so we could open each other's vehicles. Couldn't start the engine, but could open the doors.)
So I bought some key pads they look like ford ones, but they are third party, no codes in them. Is there a way to get them to work for just keyless?

So I bought some key pads they look like ford ones, but they are third party, no codes in them. Is there a way to get them to work for just keyless?
If I understand correctly as I haven't tried this...Forscan now allows programming of the fobs. If memory serves, there's an option where you only need to press the buttons on the fobs, not enter a code in Forscan. Again, I haven't done this. I bought fobs from the dealer, and the dealer used IDS to program them.

Back