• Register Today It's free!

Tsb 06-4-4.

Diziple

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

LIMITED SLIP AXLE CHATTER, SHUDDER, BINDING SENSATION, OR VIBRATION DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS

I just purchased an 02 XLT yesterday and the dealership is taking care of the repairs today and tomorrow, anything I should ask or be cautious about?

many thanks

Mark (newbie)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i've done this tsb before its pretty straight forward. they are replacing the clutch packs. make sure they read the tsb axle fluid has been changed to 75W140. there really isn't much to go wrong if they know what the are doing. the scary part of the job is spreading the case to get the differential assembly out(Overspreading can damage the differential housing. ) the case is made of aluminum

thanks for the information, the local Ford dealership is doing the work, they replaced all of the fluids yesterday in hopes that would "fix" it, it obviously did not. So I guess I will trust that they have done hundreds of these before and they know what they are doing.
They did tell me not to tow anything for 500 miles to let the axle "break-in"
Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks!

thanks for doing that, still trying to learn the ropes around here

Back