• Register Today It's free!

TSB 17-2095 Ting/Click Noise

Billy Dunwoody

Reaction score
City, State
Culver City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I have been having a Ting/click noise from my front suspension usually when braking or steering over bumps. My Ford dealer said they didn't find any problems 2 times and didn't charge me for anything. I took it back Friday and once again they said nothing was wrong. Finally, the Service Advisor teat drove it and heard the problem. I mentioned to him TSB 14-0186 which has Ford add a thrust washer to the half shaft. He said it has been replace with TSB 17-2095 and he will order the parts.

I forgot to have him print out the TSB, but can anyone tell me what parts are included in that TSB? Or does anyone have a copy of 17-2095? I can't find it online without paying for a subscription.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't found anything yet either but did see this post on the Fordflex.net Forum;
Just got Flex back,,"replace right side half shaft,install a thrust washer, replace right half shaft seal." TSB-17-2095

Peter

I posted on here about a month ago regarding a high pitch ting/clack noise from the front suspension and after 3 trips to the dealer, the service advisor finally heard it himself (after the technicians said they could hear it and everything looked fine). They did the 17-2095 TSB, which was to put thrust washers on the front half-shafts, both sides.

The Explorer w 25k miles sounded better, but I took it in a parking lot and an alley where you can hear the sound good, and it still makes the sound. It mainly makes the noise when the wheel is turned to the right and braking, but it still makes the sound over bumps as well.

The Ford dealer, advisor and manager have all done extremely well trying to resolve this issue and have not charged me a dime. Is there a way to have Ford Corporate help the dealer solve this problem? I don't want the dealer to get in trouble, I just want this problem fixed before my comprehensive CPO warranty expires next month, and so I don't have to keep bringing it in.

^^ Your update was added to your original thread.

Peter

I posted on here about a month ago regarding a high pitch ting/clack noise from the front suspension and after 3 trips to the dealer, the service advisor finally heard it himself (after the technicians said they could hear it and everything looked fine). They did the 17-2095 TSB, which was to put thrust washers on the front half-shafts, both sides.

The Explorer w 25k miles sounded better, but I took it in a parking lot and an alley where you can hear the sound good, and it still makes the sound. It mainly makes the noise when the wheel is turned to the right and braking, but it still makes the sound over bumps as well.

The Ford dealer, advisor and manager have all done extremely well trying to resolve this issue and have not charged me a dime. Is there a way to have Ford Corporate help the dealer solve this problem? I don't want the dealer to get in trouble, I just want this problem fixed before my comprehensive CPO warranty expires next month, and so I don't have to keep bringing it in.
It ended up being a nail that was in between the tire and the rim. My personal mechanic was the one who found it in 5 minutes that the dealer couldn’t in 3 trips

Back