TSB? check .... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TSB? check ....

bstuckle

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey all.

Looks like I'm committed to the TSB game ... gotta collect em all. I took my car in for the 15K oil change today and mentioned the (intermittent) transmission bump when accelerating from low speeds. "There's a TSB for that." (sorry Apple = ) ) When I picked up the car they told me the parts had been ordered to fix the transmission issue.

So far I've had:

- Front brake squeal
- Transmission bump (will get fixed this Wednesday)
- Both side mirror signal lamps replaced (water was collecting in them when it rained or I washed the car)
- Windshield washer pump and switch replaced

What have you had?

As a disclaimer ... I'm not slagging Ford about these issues. The issues I've had have been addressed by the dealership (not the one I bought the car at ... wouldn't go back there) and they've been very helpful. I freakin love my 2011 Explorer XLT and would buy another in a heartbeat. I think Ford is on the right track with the new designs and I'm hoping that the continue to progress with them.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

None for me. Though the A Pillar is just starting to act up. I'm at about 14K.

My only TSB issue that was carried out was; 11-11-12 RAIN SENSITIVE WIPERS - UN-COMMANDED OR PHANTOM WIPE ON DRY GLASS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 6/26/2011.

Peter

LOL, I read that the first time and went "HUH????"

I take it as his car is at the 15k mark, not the oil :)

hehe yes, sorry about that. 15.7K on the car and it was in for it's second maintenance visit. Oil change, tire rotation, yadda yadda yadda.

I've seen that A Pillar problem mentioned a few times. I'll have to go back to the other thread and read up on it to understand what the issue is and if it does happen (really hoping it doesn't though) then I'll be able to recognize it.

Back