TT questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TT questions

Reaction score
City, State
wake forest, north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 xlt
I hate to repeat a question, yes i have done advanced seach for tt adjustments. If a TT lifts the front, then what is to be done with the back, ive got 99' xlt and i need to lift it so i can put bigger tires. Again, excuse my ignorance, im tryin to modify it without spending alot of money since im only about to turn 16 and dont have too much cash for suspension lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You install aftermarket lift shackles. Warrior 153 shackles.

or add a leafs

thanks blee1099, just wondering, would you recomend doing that or just getting a body lift. im not used to fords, ive only worked on Mack trucks and such.

yea, I work for my grandpa, im learning how to do all that stuff on big rigs. Only done stuff like valve adjustments, brakes, airbag change outs, lots of general stuff to keep them running.

if anyone can make a good suggestion on which would be the best to allow use of bigger tires it would be welcome. Still looking to see if a older model body lift will work or if a current year Ranger body lift would fit without to much trouble.

id like to run 33's since im getting a set for 275 bucks =)

Do what dman said...his looks really good and it's the MOST economical way for a 2nd gen to get it up hehe

thanks man, just wondering, where did you find that particular lift? i cant seem to find much of anything that will work since ive got a 99.

thanks alot codepoet, im tryin to save money so i can pay for gas & insurance, since gas is a rediculous $3.09 around here

git_r_done0000 said:
id like to run 33's since im getting a set for 275 bucks =)
how are you getting a set for 275, are they used?

My friend just bought a 'yota and is getting some different tires, the tires are like new that he is selling to me, havnt been patched or plugged and have very very little wear on them.

Performance Accessories PA-883 Body Lift for a Ranger. You won't use 2 of the body lift pucks, and you will also need to purchase 2 more bolts, as the kit doesn't come with enough of the right size.
Warrior Products WAR-153 Shackles, will gain you around 1" lift in the rear, along with an Add-a-leaf will get you roughly another 1".
Then do a TT in the front.

You can get around 4-5" total with all that.

oh yeah, and if the tires you're gettin are 33x12.50s, you will also need to remove the tupperware :D

Extra Bolts

If your carefull and take out all of one side and compare the new bolts with the old bolts you will find that you can mix and match and not have to buy any new bolts. That is reusing the existing bushings without drilling them out ( excluding the very front one)

And If my poor ole memory serves me right the lift requires 10 pucks and the kit comes with 14 so I would say 4 spares.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back