• Register Today It's free!

Tt Shackle

xplrsport01

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Ok so i gave up on trying to find a cheap jeep xj :roll: and decided to just to do a tt and shackle on my 01 sport. what shackles should i get and should i also get and add a leaf? After the tt shackle is complete could i fit 33's or do i need to get a body lift first?

P.s.just buffed the truck looks great but its time to get more scratches!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the shackels are part # war-153 as for aal it depends on how much sag you have. I belive that you will need a body lift to clear 33's witout significant trimming....but all trucks are diffrent.

now how much should i turn up ther t-bars all the way?

try to get 2" out of it.. i fit 31" no problem with a tt& custom shackles (same length but beefier than wariorer).. i did a 3" bl to get my 33"s and a little hammering.. did the same to my friends sport with a 4 leaf pack to fit the 33's tho

it depends on if you want a harsh ride if you dont care about how it rides then crank the t-bars all the way. But you loose front end flex when you TT. 2 inches tends to be the best of both worlds.

Cranking them all the way will give you 1.5" and I suggest you get an add-a-leaf if you do a bodylift. After the body lift the warrior shackles look dumb. Trust me, I have tried them all. The add-a-leaf worked best. To get a 33" under there you will need to do a BL and a full twist. Even with that you have to trim a lot.

I have the part numbers for everything.

I can get more detailed if you want, what else would you like to know?... ;)

i read some where though that if u go to 2 inch or more ur cvs start to ware faster

You're hubs are going to go first. I have replaced both sides once already, but you're not going to get 2".

it has been discused that your cv's will not bind if you go above 2 inches(i thought the same thing before) you can get 3 inches but you need longer bolts for the T-bars.

so if i do 2inch's my cv's well be fine?

I've got an 01 Sport and Finally ordered some AR Baja Chrome Wheels and BFG 32 x 11.5 tires. Their Due in today but since here in New England it's 10 degrees out I doubt I will be going out there to see what I need to clear 32's. I'm guessing not much as the wheel wells are huge on the sport.

Mac

if you can get 2 inches out of your T-bars you should be fine. Some people need to get longer bolts though and keep in mind that evrey inch you TT you loose an inch of down travel and the ride gets a little worse. But to answer your question if you TT 2 inches the CV's should be fine.

You will have to trim the fender slightly for 33's. I do know that a maxxed out TT will eat your hub assemblies, eventually. I've replaced both of mine at 200 bucks a side. Ya know what? I don't care, I love the stance. :thumbsup:

just ordered my shackles from this place in manassas went up there last night they order my a set made by superior it was like only $17 i was like huh
i seen shackles for $55 so if your telling me 17 hell i take em! they should be here today but wont get around to doing it for a few weeks im real bizy over here

how strong are the shackels. THe warriors are really freken srong(made of 3/8' steel). Do they have a croos piece? How much lift are they going to give you?

Back