• Register Today It's free!

tt twist

ridenred333

Reaction score
City, State
El Mirage, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
01' Eddie Bauer
IF you want to do the tt twist what is the recommed number of rotations with out going overboard. I have an 01 explorer 4wd eddie baurer if eddie baurer makes a difference. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IF you want to do the tt twist what is the recommed number of rotations with out going overboard. I have an 01 explorer 4wd eddie baurer if eddie baurer makes a difference. Thanks

Just keep twisting and measuring until you get to about 1.5". I wouldn't go over 2", especially since you have a 4WD (CV Joints)

On my 2WD, I went about 10 turns each bolt before the passenger side maxed out.

(shameless pic posting of my truck lol)
89jpg.jpg

9.jpg

Just remember that the more you lift with the TT, the harsher the ride will be. And yes the CV's will take a beating too because of the angles.

King I'm so jealous of those wheels man! I think I see my next investment!

Investment? HA, that is funny. You are driving a 10 year old explorer. Nothing you do to it is an INVESTMENT. It is an expensive hobby with probably about a 90% loss of value on the "investment" mods.

But there are TONS of topics about the TT on here. I did the TT on my explorer 10 years ago and there were tons of topics then, and there are many more now. Just search, and you will find everything you need.

Back