• Register Today It's free!

TT/WAR153s for 2" lift

fpizzo

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Track
I posted a few days ago about the TT/WAR153 lift...for a 2001 Sport Track...
I've been reading that It will give you a 2" lift...
I just got an e-mail back from Warrior saying that their WAR 153s lift the Explorer 1.25 "...Has anyone actually taken before and after measurments of this type of lift?And if so did the WAR153s give a full 2" lift? I was thinking of making my own 2" lift shackles or just putting the add a leafs on for a 2" lift...
Thanks again for the help
Fran:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I measured before and after on all 4 wheels. I got exactly 2 inches in the back by using the shackles. This was before i drove it so some settling could have occurred.

I ended up with about 1.75". Each leaf spring reacts differently to a shackle lift, so it's not an exact science. Most people get about 1.75" from them.

I got just over 2.25" in the rear (measuring before the torsion twist, vrs after the shackle lift in the rear)... by just doing the TT in front, my rear went up a bit, then after the shackles I got more than just the 1.5" difference of the shackle length. I am planning on putting 32's on this weekend. Currently my tire diam is about 30.1".

the tt stands for torsion twist? now how do you go about this?

TT won't do anything for you cause your 92 doesnt have any torsion bars to twist. You would have to go with F150 coil spacers up front. Torsion bars are on explorers 1995-2001

Back