TTB 2ND gen | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TTB 2ND gen

Now that the kinks are worked out, I think my version would be pretty quick. By using the two different frames you gain the luxury of all the brackets being there. My cab mount was modded, I used fiberglass fenders, steering was modded. I have coilovers and bronco radius arms-you might be able to use the bronco buckets. My motor is solid mounted and the wheel base is a couple inches longer. I used stock front bronco drive shafts front and rear(different years) I still think you would need 6 months depending on how much you worked it, skill and tools. I also create other issues, such as transfer case cross member because my center section is just box steel. I wanted an aftermarket bumper but you would have to mod a stock one to fit because its a bronco frame.

Mine drives like **** on the highway, you get sea sick in the mtns, but you can do 70mph down a wash 4 deep with the ac blowing and not spill a drop. if it had sway bars or stockish suspension it would be a nice DD.

If I didn't want a full blown prerunner I would SAS it with Coilovers and use the time and money saved for HP and enjoyment.

I'm putting equal length f150 2wd beams on my 98 explorer.
It's not as difficult as people on here are making it seem. Honestly hardest part was throwing the steering box in and cutting out the stock Crossmember.
Just remember, be patient and think things threw, can't mess up

Back