Ttb cut-turn-extend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ttb cut-turn-extend

Hello again ford enthusiasts haha. Ive been posting on here a lot latlely and have noticed that a lot of you are very interested in the TTB and I-beam cut-turn-extend procedure. I am a big explorer fan and have built a few, the one before I have now was a full on prerunner 2WD. It had 86 ranger beams extended 8'' per side, fully caged King shocks, and it was strapped at 18'' of travel front and rear. Anyways now that Ive finished my bagged' 93 I have recently picked up a clean little 88' Ranger 4X4 ext cab 2.9. Ive lifted it with a 4'' drop bracket lift for now. I am going to do away with this lift and cut, turn, and extend the dana 28. I know I know...why the 28? well simple, I cant afford a 35!! the steel however, to modify the 28 is within my budget right now (Im currently unemployed). So anyways I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me posting step by step pics on how I am going to do this. If anyone would like to see this thread please post a reply here, I need all the motivation I can get, THANKS!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why was this moved to lowered suspension tech when he's planning on doing a lift???

JT your silly
cutting and turning the TTB is for lifting

I would love to see how you do your beams, however I will go ahead and say it

WHY D28??

Heck if you come over here I'll give you a D35 ttb to use just so you dont have to mess with the wimpy wimpy D28

I have a set of '96 2wd arms I need to lose...if needed:rolleyes:

Hmm that D35 sounds really tempting.... but gas is expensive! Ill try to get some pics of the ranger up soon!!

2wd ranger beams or 2wd explorer A arms?

Ranger Beams...they been collecting dust in my dad garage for awhile, they're good for bent beam cores;) I had a extra set for that reason...but don't have a 2wd ranger anymore:(

Id be interested but if they are 96' beams you cant modifly them because they are cast. You need beams that dont say ''do not heat bend weld'' on the front.

Are you planning on staying 4x4 or going to a 2wd on beams?

Did you build your old trucks or buy them that way? Got any pics? 8" over sounds pretty dang wide I'd like to see a picture of that thing.

they are gonna be the ttb 28 axles. im gonna run coils all the way around with a triangulated 3 link rear. Im shooting for 20'' rear travel

With 20" of travel, what coil are you going to run? Will they be mounted say halfway up the rear links?

Yea I plan on having the coils right behind the cab. and the lower link to the back of the doors. Im thinking about running the links and radius arms off the same mount.

Oh that sounds sweet.

You're probably already a member but just in case you're not, DezertRangers.com has a lot of good stuff for your interest. I dont partake much in the discussions on DR but I do visit a few times a week just to lick my monitor over the sick fab skills.

lol yea when I had my prerunner I was on their a lot. Not too much recently but it sounds good.

m_1890489b8f125b9cec7647958226ca88.jpg

m_3525963251851d7c11a6d8bf263d1de1.jpg

m_9b99b23bee4d6d1f4da03a324662a390.jpg

m_e0b0bd8d8cb77d1387e681310f89ba8b.jpg

m_d98fce4b9729cf2347a553c2b475c548.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would also like to see this done. I was very interested with how this can be done until I went SAS. for my next build I plan to use some dana 44 beams on a reanger. 20 inches of usable 4x4 travel would be awesome. Just dreaming I guess:)

Back