Tube Bumpers for 98 Explorer

rsoloe

Reaction score
City, State
Durham, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
Hi,
My 98 Explorer got sandwitched by a Taho and a Jeep and I'm in need of front and rear bumper pronto. I'd like to fabricate them but my timeframe is tight. Anyone know a source for a tube type bumpers for explorers. I've been searching the web for days and I've yet to find a single option.

Thanks,
Ray
1998 Explorer
5.0 AWD (ugg)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

James Duff doesn't make any bolt on bumpers for the 2nd gen Explorer. They make some for the 1st gen (91-94), Bronco 2's, Rangers, etc. so you could get one and change the mounts on it.

TJM used to make some for the Ranger, but it was discountinued (and it wasn't a tube bumper). I saw that you're in NC...look for the thread that "Burns" made about his tube bumper. He's in TN and maybe he would build one? (After all, a few ppl have asked him "how much?" :D)

BTW, welcome to the site guys. :)

they are slightly different i beleive....

different but it could be made to work I am sure with a little welding and fab.

Dixon bros one is SUPER $$$$$$. You could have two custom built for the price of it almost... Its a nice bumper, but not worth the money IMO. Just have one custom built to the way you like it. It shouldnt be too expensive or hard to find a shop in your area that will be able to do it.

EDIT: Well damn, i just noticed...you are in MY area lol. Give Carolina Rock Shop in Charlotte a call. Ask for Andy, he will set you up right. There is also Go Ferr It Offroad in Winston Salem/Greensboro i believe.

i just cant bring myslef to spend 500$ + shipping on a bumper that would cost 300 tops to have a shop build for you. I guess when you are as badass as DBR, you can charge what you want and people will buy it (even though their bumpers are more jsut an accessory to their amazing suspensions.)

I don't think I'll get one of their front bumpers, as I agree that are pretty expensive, but I think next year will see a long travel 98 Explorer with a 347.... :D

Think the rear shock hoop for the ranger will bolt into the cargo area of the explorer? :p

Back