• Register Today It's free!

Tune Up issues in Hawaii....

Jkrew

Reaction score
City, State
Waialua, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
I just got around to doing a tune up (plugs and wires) but I am having a hard time with the last wire and plug on my 94 Explorer. Is there a special tool? Otherwise the AC unit is blocking access to the plugs and I can't reach from the bottom. Any suggestions????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sound cool keep up the good work

Remove the inner fender liners and wheels and go thru the fenders.. Its alot easier.

or just use a 3/8 universal....otherwise known as the wobbily extension

Let me know if you need help..I have done mine on my 92...I live in Kailua

Take off the tire and use an extension and universal socket to get to the last socket.

You dont have to take anything off. I dont have the longest arms in the world. I just get down to almost on my knees and got above the wheel and thru and witha regular socket and extension NO problem! It would be easier to take off the wheel but I am too lazy!

On my 93, I have recently done plugs and wires. You have a few options here:

1) Jack up the car, and remove the wheel to gain access through the fender well. (short arms, this works best)

2) Jack up car, and turn full lock to the Left, gain access through the fender well.. (Longer arms needed)

3) Just turn wheel full Left, gain access through the fender well.

4) Become a master contortionist, and get at them from the top.

5) Install a body lift kit, and leave the tires wherever you left them when you parked, gain access through the fender well.

Ryan

Back