Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
I think it would have been better if they ran a full 1/4 mile and ran the tuned ST with 93 pump...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

77 miles till empty with almost a half tank of gas lol

And I cant stand they advertise e50 tune.

77 miles till empty with almost a half tank of gas lol

And I cant stand they advertise e50 tune.

What's an e50 tune? is that the one where you only need to use 93 fuel all the time? Sounds like a good deal for 600 bucks. 100 HP 160 extra torque sounds too good to be true. Some tunes cost at least a few grand.

What's an e50 tune? is that the one where you only need to use 93 fuel all the time? Sounds like a good deal for 600 bucks. 100 HP 160 extra torque sounds too good to be true. Some tunes cost at least a few grand.

E50 is 50% 93, 50% ethanol. Not something you can easily find or get.

E50 is an mix of E85 and Pump 93. Not really a viable solution for most folks and millage will suck (E85 = 85% Ethanol, good for octane but low energy content means burn more for the same power output). You can only get the 100HP+ gains with the high Ethanol content blends.

There is more then enough power for in day to day driving. Since there is more air breathing inside the hood, I am being tempted to look into custom CAI. The noise from inside of the truck sounds very good but I also wanted it to sound better from outside so that we can really hear those turbos spooling. Just more noise from the hood when we press on the gas.

I have a 2020 ST with the 5 Star tune. This video is a good representation of how much different the vehicle "feels" after the tune.

It's a fun car in stock form.

It's a FUN car with the 5 Star tune!

Back