Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown!

That's right, I couldn't keep it under wraps any longer, and so the first stage of the conversion and re-vamp of the whole truck begins.

In short, which I'll go into detail once I get back to labratory this evening is:

Complete front clip transformataion in sheet metal work, including custom fenders and hood, front bumper w/winch and lights.

Slick roof line.

Complete drivetrain conversion (from engine, tranny to transfer case) and custom wiring harness.

Super soft 6.5" Rock Crawler front spring and hiem joints on the adjustable extended radius arms.

With 5.13's front a rear with already existing Lincoln Locker out back and LSD clutch style modified in the front.

Although there are about 80% of the parts already collected, there are still a few more to obtain and or fabricate up to make this happen, I will go through and document and keep you filled in on ever aspect of this adventure as I plug away at it, this will take some time, and the buget is nill, but when I get back and fill you in on how I got some of the existing stuff, and how I plan on working the rest of it, you'll see than anyone on any buget can do this to.

I hope you all will enjoy this, and although this was way more premature of a posting that I wanted to do, it was like waiting for Santa to show on X-Mas.

If you don't know what's already been done to my truck you can click the link "My Junk" below in my sig, and this will be the next exciting phase in it's evolution.

If you have questions, lemme be the first to say, "PLASE ASK"

Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no kidding! well with a baby coming in April I wont be going to TX anytime soon, but my rents are down there every two weeks, their house on the Island is gutted first level, our office in downtown Galveston STILL has no power, its a huge mess.

I house / dog sit for them here when they are in TX, so um yeah in 2010 maybe :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

no kidding! so um yeah in 2010 maybe :)

Perfect! by then the rig should be running:rolleyes:

Yeah and I know about that hurricane thing, I grew up in Clear Lake, worked in Galveston, and at one time actually lived in Ghilcrest too.

Yeah it's still a mess there.

if you need any 2.3t parts, let me know.

if you need any 2.3t parts, let me know.

THANX!!!

A237 cam, roller followers, and an adjustable cam sproket/square tooth.

Although it'll be a while till I get some more cash together. :rolleyes:

THANX!!!

A237 cam, roller followers, and an adjustable cam sproket/square tooth.

Although it'll be a while till I get some more cash together. :rolleyes:

i think i've got you covered on the followers. i don't have an a237 but i've got some old school circle track 2300 cam that is AWESOME on a 2.3t. i'd have to have it measured as i don't know the specs on it. you're on your own with the cam gear. lol. let me know if i can help. i'm REALLY anxious to see how this turns out.:thumbsup:

The cluster I actually installed IS the 87/88 Turbo Coupe cluster, as for the struts, as far as I know the spindle/knuckle in the LSC (fox body Mark VII) are the same, as in the thickness, where the bottom of the strut mounts, but pending on how long/milage they have been in the T-Bird he might just consider a set of Tokico's or better yet Koni's.
The factory struts in the TC were just adjustable dampening (electronic though) like the aftermarket struts I mentioned, but the Mark VII's do have air ride.

BTW, the speedo in the Turbo Coupe is electronic and uses a VSS sensor, the Mudstains didn't get that till 1994.

Nice, I'll see what mph his had, I thought that some were at least 120mph.

You can still get the TC struts I think, but personally I don't see a need for the trick adjustment. We like the air ride of the Mark's, but we also like a firmer feel than the air ride. My friend swapped to springs because his air bags kept leaking. I want to swap to a 96+ Mustang suspension, so those Turbo Coupe parts are likely not needed for him. I have his TC front sway bar under my LSC, it's the same as the 94+ bars.

Dash mock-up complete/1987/88 TC guage cluster, now it's time to get on with this wiring thing!

dash2_002.jpg

dash3_001.jpg

dash3_002.jpg

beer_002.jpg

You sir, need some of our local stuff!!:D

beers_lager.jpg

i've been meaning to do the turbocoupe cluster swap in the ranger. looks good in that dash.

beer2.jpg

wow!!!!! iv done a 10 sec 5.0 swop in a 94 ranger but never would i have ever considered putting a tc 4 cyl. motor in a navjo.

That's the next project, is a 2nd gen Sport stroked 347 with AWD, lowered, with boost.

The wife will be really pissed! :D

hahahahaha yea i had to get rid of and get something fuel lnjected. so i parted it out i had 5000 in the motor alone i sold it for 2200 big loss. lol 100s of hours of work. man i miss it

oooooooooooooh awd sport, think the t case will hold up? You better start a collection!
I know Troll got his AWD t case to hold up, for a while

I have 2 questions after that last pic:

1. Are your stereo components falling over? and if YES how do matchbox cars defy gravity?

2. when do you find time to play Tennis?

Also the wife will only be pissed until she gets to drive it, then you will be pissed with no keys in your hands :)

oooooooooooooh awd sport, think the t case will hold up? You better start a collection!
I know Troll got his AWD t case to hold up, for a while

I have 2 questions after that last pic:

1. Are your stereo components falling over? and if YES how do matchbox cars defy gravity?

The top of the shelf is slanted, and every thing is hanging on by a leg :D

2. when do you find time to play Tennis?

Raquet Ball, and make the time ;)

Also the wife will only be pissed until she gets to drive it, then you will be pissed with no keys in your hands :)

Where did you get that shirt?

[smartass answer] Who's name is on the shirt?? [/smartass answer]

Back