• Register Today It's free!

Turn Signal 4 blink problem

Tracker09

Reaction score
City, State
Hamden, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I have a 2011 explorer with 110,000 miles on it. This morning I noticed something odd with my right turn signal. When I lift the turn signal lever all the way up to fully engage my turn signal it gives me the 4 flashes as if I hadn't fully locked it into position. When I push it down to fully engage the left turn signal it locks in and will not disengage until either I turn it off manually or the system detects the steering column turning back to the right. It seems like the lane chance courtesy signal is all I can make the right signal do without holding it in position when I want it to stay on. Has anyone experienced this? If so what what can be done to fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2011 explorer with 110,000 miles on it. This morning I noticed something odd with my right turn signal. When I lift the turn signal lever all the way up to fully engage my turn signal it gives me the 4 flashes as if I hadn't fully locked it into position. When I push it down to fully engage the left turn signal it locks in and will not disengage until either I turn it off manually or the system detects the steering column turning back to the right. It seems like the lane chance courtesy signal is all I can make the right signal do without holding it in position when I want it to stay on. Has anyone experienced this? If so what what can be done to fix it?
I don't recall this issue coming up before. Sounds like it may be the turn signal lever/switch. If that is the case there is a thread showing how to replace it if you wanted to try that. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/notchy-turn-signal-lever-fix.388119/
EDIT: Must have been composing this post when 613GT500 posted his.:)

Peter

The good news is the switch is only $30ish and it's an easy replacement. I did mine shortly after buying it in January, because it was too stiff and kept activating the high beams with the turn signal.

Awesome, I'll try it out. Thanks!!

Back