turn signal activation/deactivation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal activation/deactivation

Adam Janowski

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Explorer, Police
hi all

my main gripe about the vehicle (so much to love otherwise!) is the turn signal operation. it seems to stay on and not kick off around medium turns. the type of turns you'd think would kick it off. then i get to decide on reengaging the stalk in the same direction to turn it off or the opposite or drive with it on for a mile like a moron

I've seen mention of forscan settings to make turn signal bump last longer than 3 flashes. will try to have ford dealer do this.

is there any setting to adjust where the stalk engaged turn flashing lock on and kick off?

this is my first experience with a turn signal stalk that has less than 3 actual positions and I'm not a big fan.

thanks for help and advice!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're not the only one with this 'dislike' Adam. Frustration with turn signal lever
You can change the number of 'flashes' with FORSCan but that's about it. The stalk engagement ON/OFF is mechanical.

Peter

I was messing around with adding the rear camera turning lines to my 16 and it messed up the turn signal from stopping after I turned. Had to restore that section. I think it was in SCCM?

I have had my PIU for just over two weeks now and the turn signal operation is my only issue as well. It is not a daily driver for me so it makes it that much harder adapting to it.

I have had my PIU for just over two weeks now and the turn signal operation is my only issue as well. It is not a daily driver for me so it makes it that much harder adapting to it.
I don't think I ever got used to it in my 2011 Limited. Thankfully, Ford changed it back to a more normal operation in 2016.

Peter

Takes just a certain touch to make it operate correctly.
Barely move it to engage lane switch flashing.
A more firm push on the lever fully engages it for turns around corners.

As far as the "fails to turn off after medium turns", just lightly pull it back b/c
it hasn't engaged the cam inside to cause it to disengage from a full turn.

Did I read in the posts somewhere we weren't discussing the Russian hacked freeware ?

Did I read in the posts somewhere we weren't discussing the Russian hacked freeware ?
Are you talking about forscan or something else? Is there a reference post you can link about this?

Obviously FORScan is the only Russian hacked Ford freeware I know of.

Currently looking for it again.
Poster said something similar to: "That illegal software we can't talk about"
and it was in a thread about remote starting or keyless entry.
Implying one must take it to Ford Dealer to have that kind of work done. LOL

Takes just a certain touch to make it operate correctly.
Barely move it to engage lane switch flashing.
A more firm push on the lever fully engages it for turns around corners.

As far as the "fails to turn off after medium turns", just lightly pull it back b/c
it hasn't engaged the cam inside to cause it to disengage from a full turn.

yeah, but i feel like a goofball reactivating the switch to turn it off.. always wondering what it looks like to other cars behind me. it feels more natural to push it in the opposite direction like you would on a traditional stalk and i wonder if it makes the opposite signal flash briefly indicating to other drivers that there's a "drunk cop" ahead...

it turns off fine if you roll into the turn and then back out of it fast, but for longer sweeping stead state cornering, it usually stays on if you take it nice and smoothly. I'll live with it...

If you see the turn indicator flash on the dash display,
it has flashed on the exterior of the vehicle.

If you see the turn indicator flash on the dash display,
it has flashed on the exterior of the vehicle.
yeah, I've been tapping the stalk in the same direction as initially to turn it off to prevent confusion for the other motorists..

Are you talking about forscan or something else? Is there a reference post you can link about this?

Found it. Ran into Jason before and his "my way or the highway" sales tactics.

Jason.jpg

Back