• Register Today It's free!

Turn Signal Clicks / Chimes

legendarybc

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Mountaineer
Hello everyone, I purchased an 08 Mountaineer and I am looking to get my door chime working. All existing threads on this topic are about disabling it! ;) But I would like to hook it back up so I can hear the turn signal clicking and what not.

Anyways, I am not sure if they removed a box somewhere or unplugged a harness or where exactly the chime/dinger/click is generated. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is no chime ringing all the time when door is open. when it is first opened it beeps once and the message center says whatever door is open.

there is no chime ringing all the time when door is open. when it is first opened it beeps once and the message center says whatever door is open.

It does chime when the keys are in the ignition and the driver's door is open.

yes when car is off. my first post is when car is on.

Well at this point it is totally silent on, off, open, or closed. Can someone just point me in the general direction? Where does the chime come from? Steering column? Fuse box? Drivers footwell? What does the box look like? Black? Metal? Can anyone post a pic? Thanks!

i know there is an issue with the 08 explorers with the ignition switch and steering column. maybe the same is for the mountaineer. check at dealer.

OK I really don't want to go to the dealer. It costs money and time.

The previous owner of my Mountaineer definitely disabled the chimes. So can someone put their keys into the ignition, open the door, and describe where the noise comes from? Please?????

I think it comes from cluster

CMK you were right, the chime speaker is on the back of the cluster. The previous owner destroyed the leads going into the speaker. So after hooking them back up I have restored the sounds. Thanks again for your help!

ok great- it pays off from working for ford

same issue no sound

I have a 2006 mountaineer V8, with the same issue. I have owned the vehicle since new and about two weeks ago notice the turn signals stopped making noise (the signals themselves still work). I then noticed all alarm sound (door open keys in, seat belt unbuckled, etc) is gone.

Do you think the best place to look is the speaker? If so how do I get at it?

Back