Turn signal fast blink, hazzards normal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turn signal fast blink, hazzards normal

cudabnu

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited 4x4
2011 limited, both left and right turn signals blink fast, hazards blink normally. Replaced both front dual filiment turn signal bulbs as the drivers side had a burnt out 2nd filiment for the running light, inspected the rear bulbs, then found 3 of the leds on the right side view mirror were not working, so just replaced that. After each change and testing I got the same result...fast blink on both left and right, hazards blink normal.

What else can I check? Is there a setting in forscan I can check out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you've switched to LEDs from the conventional incandescent bulbs for the turn signals, you'll need a load resistor. You can alternatively turn "Bulb Outage" off in FORScan in BdyCM and the hyperflashing will stop. I did this with my car to avoid buying a resistor.

Welcome to the forums! These newer ones can do that? Just turn off a setting and it should fix that? So odd, this coming from the guy that still uses OBD1 lol

But exactly as FrutzalProjects said above, I guess you can use FORScan or buy an led resistor and hook that in. Or live with the rapid flash, I almost liked the rapid flash due to it grabbing more attention from people, which here in fl where people drive like maniacs, I want to be seen! lol

Thanks for the reply, no new led replacements, the bulbs in the side view mirror are led, so that got a replacement. I did check all the bulbs and everything is stock, that was my orig thought since everything seemed to work was that a PO replaced some bulbs with led, but that was not the case. May just have to turn it off as you suggested!

Thanks for the reply, no new led replacements, the bulbs in the side view mirror are led, so that got a replacement. I did check all the bulbs and everything is stock, that was my orig thought since everything seemed to work was that a PO replaced some bulbs with led, but that was not the case. May just have to turn it off as you suggested!
So they are still halogens?

Yes, all bulbs are correct stock
It is odd that it's doing that then, one of the rear ones out by chance? May just have to do that forscan trick, certainly an easier and cheaper fix than the resistor

They might be polarity sensitive to cause hyperflash, if it's just the side turn signals. Try flipping them around. If your FORScan mods did the trick, you should be fine.

They might be polarity sensitive to cause hyperflash, if it's just the side turn signals. Try flipping them around. If your FORScan mods did the trick, you should be fine.
LEDs are polarity sensitive, halogens ain't, ya stick 'em in and they work, if they don't it's a wiring issue or the filament is busted. I do wish they were as easy as LEDs where ya just flip 'em lol

Back