• Register Today It's free!

Turn Signal Indicator

stephencbrinson

Reaction score
City, State
Hollywood, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, Explorer EB
I am trying to diagnose and fix a turn signal issue. My daughter just purchased a 2010 EB.

I have three maybe four issues I am not sure where to start.

1st. Does the dash instrument panel have a gear shift indicator to show what gear the transmission is in? If so this does not work.

The instrument panel turn signal indicators do not work. The turn signals work and the hazards work, but neither light on the dash comes on.

The AC does not work on normal mode. It works great on max ac but when I push the AC button on normal mode, nothing happens.

Does anyone know where the keyless entry code is located? I can not find it under the drivers side dash?

I am trying to diagnose and fix a turn signal issue. My daughter just purchased a 2010 EB.

I have three maybe four issues I am not sure where to start.

1st. Does the dash instrument panel have a gear shift indicator to show what gear the transmission is in? If so this does not work.

The instrument panel turn signal indicators do not work. The turn signals work and the hazards work, but neither light on the dash comes on.

The AC does not work on normal mode. It works great on max ac but when I push the AC button on normal mode, nothing happens.

Does anyone know where the keyless entry code is located? I can not find it under the drivers side dash?
I had a mechanic friend with a high level scan tool retrieve the keyless entry code for me. It took him under a minute to find it by reading the car's computer. I tried looking under the dash, but could not find it. There is no indication on the dash to show what gear the transmission is in. The letters next to the gear lever are illuminated via a light bulb based on what gear you are in.

I had a mechanic friend with a high level scan tool retrieve the keyless entry code for me. It took him under a minute to find it by reading the car's computer. I tried looking under the dash, but could not find it. There is no indication on the dash to show what gear the transmission is in. The letters next to the gear lever are illuminated via a light bulb based on what gear you are in.
Thank you. I was assuming that to be the case for the gear shift indication. But I was not certain on this model.
I will check with a mechanic I know and see if they can scan the code. I need a key programmed also, maybe they can do that. I would rather pay them then the dealer.

An easy test for the turn signal indicators is to enter engineering test mode. In vehicles with only one button in the cluster you just press and hold the reset button and turn the igition to the run position and after about 10 seconds it will enter test mode and you can release the button. For the dashbords that have the three buttons in the center next to the 4x4 buttons I think you just hold the reset button and follow the same instructions. When in test mode you press reset to change tests. First is gauge sweep tests second is display test and the third is the one you want and that one lights up all the lights on the dash. If your turn light dont light up then your problem is most likely in the cluster itself. To exit turn the ignition off.

Back