• Register Today It's free!

turn signal issue

templescroll

Reaction score
City, State
california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
My 1994 Explorer XLT has over 149,000 miles. Its seems to be running great. The (R) and (L) turn signal blinkers on the console won't 'BLINK'... there's a quick flash/bleep...then nothing from BOTH (R) & (L) no sound , no green flashy things: R (>) or L(<). I thought it might be the fuse so I've checked the fuses and they're good AND I also replaced the bulbs in the rear lamp today. But there is still no blinking from the bulbs I replace or on the console. The signal arm on the steering column moves 'UP' and 'DOWN' fine. Everything else on the instrument panel is working & showing fine, just no '<' or '>" arrows blink and no signal from the rear lamps. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Idk what to do
Ive checked the fuses
Replaced them taken the covering off of the drive shaft and made sure the red and white wire was properly installed

But my blinkers will only blink for 1 maybe 2 blinks if im lucky idk what else to do .. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .. Thank you ..

This is for a 96 ford explorer awd 5.0 any help would be greatly appreciated

My 1994 Explorer XLT has over 149,000 miles. Its seems to be running great. The (R) and (L) turn signal blinkers on the console won't 'BLINK'... there's a quick flash/bleep...then nothing from BOTH (R) & (L) no sound , no green flashy things: R (>) or L(<). I thought it might be the fuse so I've checked the fuses and they're good AND I also replaced the bulbs in the rear lamp today. But there is still no blinking from the bulbs I replace or on the console. The signal arm on the steering column moves 'UP' and 'DOWN' fine. Everything else on the instrument panel is working & showing fine, just no '<' or '>" arrows blink and no signal from the rear lamps. Any ideas?

Im having the same issue except mine blinks maybe once or twice every 10 times i flip it L or R.. Idk what to do i did the fuses and i did the red and white wire as well

Find the thread and check the multi-function switch.

MT

Back