• Register Today It's free!

Turn Signal reset

Bill Garland

Reaction score
City, State
Newfoundland
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 2013
Explorer 2013 XLT. Perhaps this is old news for you folks but I found a fix for my non functioning turn signal.... Disconnect and reconnect the battery. The left front turn signal light was not working...no light at all. The corresponding rear light worked and the blink rate was normal. Replaced the bulb, checked the relays and fuses. No go. When probing the right front working signal just to get the correct connector pin reference I accidently set my multimeter to amps instead of volt and that signal went dead. It later returned to normal when I restarted the vehicle. Hmmm... I thought, seems like a computer related issue. The voltage on the working signal was the normal battery voltage and cycled on/off normally. One the non working side it was half the normal voltage and steady. My fix? Disconnect the battery and leave for a time. I let mine sit for 20 minutes. Reconnected and all was well!

Bill

Welcome to the Forum Bill.:wave:
I believe congratulations are in order for being the first one to experience this issue and for being able to provide a resolution for it.:thumbsup:
Do you really have an XLR or did some one move the letter 'T' on your keyboard.;)

Peter

Thanks you Peter. I moved the letters on my keyboard back to the correct positions ;). It is an XLT of course, I corrected my profile; thanks for picking up the error.
Bill

Back